Are Tix That Hard to Get?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

Are Tix That Hard to Get?

Post by iwantmypinkfloydnow »

How do you get the best seats without buying it from the third person? Will I expect the tix I want on the day they go on sale or would the majority of them be already bought out before the sale date?

What pisses me off about buying tix for big shows like this one (roger's) is how easily you can miss your chance, because lets admit, these PF guys would be dead soon.

American Online and online auctions and damn American express aren't helping me on my quest to getting a good seat.

In the begging it was who's in line first, now it is who's got the faster internet connection or who's got connections.
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

Can't you order them by telephone? So you might get hold of a seatplan and ask specially for the tix you'd prefer. That's how I did it.
But you're right, if you miss the release of a certain contingent it will become hard to get exactly the seats you prefer. It could be worth trying a few times because the agencies normally get hold of ticket contingents on different dates. And sometimes unsold so called VIP tickets go on sale later. These are usually good seats.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Well you say that.
I wanted two Who tickets, the filth on ebay or are they called parasites ?...............anyway, these people have put up tickets for sale ( good ones) for over and above the asking price and out of principle, i will not finance these opportunists. My only chance of getting good seats was to join the Who tour online website. You get the chance to buy tickets before they go on sale to the general public or in other words, they are pre-sales tickets. It cost me $50 for the priviledge of doing this. The band themselves are asking you to fork out money for the opportunity of buying seats first before everyone else so in effect, they are asking you to pay twice !
The Police are doing a similiar thing only this time, those creeps want $100 !
I thought Madonna was a greedy $%£^** but here we have yet another way of extracting money from the fans.
There are still Roger Waters tickets for sale that will give you a fairly good view over at Seetickets.com i believe.
orange floyd
Judge!
Judge!

Post by orange floyd »

Since i was stuck with 'derriere la scene' (behind the stage) tickets 11 minutes after they went on sale the last time, i'm camping out this time. :P
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

Post by iwantmypinkfloydnow »

Wow, just wow.

I go online at the exact time tix go on sale to general public. They don't have $93 seats. They have the super expensive or the super cheap seats.

On ticketstub.com they have those 93 bucks seat for 195 bucks and two of those tix cost 400 dollars!!!!! What the hell?!? F you scalpers and ticketmaster and american express for encouraging them.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

iwantmypinkfloydnow wrote: F you scalpers and ticketmaster and american express for encouraging them.
:lol:
xdreduardx
Embryo
Embryo

Post by xdreduardx »

Tickets went on sale at 10:00am for the Madison Square Garden Show on May 30, 07.

I was at the keyboard refreshing the screen at 9:59. Got tickets at 10:00.

Really bad seats, but only $165 for 2. The American Express Pre-Sale tickets were no good either the week before.

I live across from Madison Square Garden and know the a security guard there, who will get me in to 10th row or so.

The Police show was sold out using that same method within a minute, so I had to use StubHub and payed $400 for roughly the same 2 seats.

Money ...
b.king
Knife
Knife

Post by b.king »

I just scored 2nd row for june 1st in philadelphia. The tix were costly but I have been planning this for a long time. I purchased on ebay. Floor Section 2, Row 2, Seats 15-16.