Which Ones Pink - The Book.

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Chasing Amy is, IMHYOO, the greatest romantic comedy/drama EVER.

It scared me the first time I saw it...I was going through the EXACT same things that Ben Affleck's character was going through...well...except for the part about being a succssful comic book artist and worrying about how that success affects one's artistic integrity.

But everything else...the whole thing with the relationship insecurity issues...my g/f at the time and I had just spent a couple of hours arguing over the very things the movie addresses...then we made up and put the movie in and it was like the tv was interpreting everything we said.

But I also love Kevin Smith's work so far.

And JLA was HIS g/f...wow...whole new respect for that guy.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I know. I always loved the film, ok, so i prefer clerks, but if you can't count clerks as a romantic comedy drama (which i would sort of say it is) then Chasing Amy is the next best.

And Chasing Amy was about his and Joey's relationship yeah, but that he made it after they broke up addressing the reason you have to respect the guy for asking her to star in it. Wow.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Yeah...he would have really had to come to terms with the end of the relationship in order to deal with working with her on a day to day basis like that.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

I hope Jersey Girl's quite like Chasing Amy in style rather than just a typical chessy rom com. Chasing Amy was brilliant, what an eding it had. Few directors would dare do a rom com drama and give it such a nasty ending but Kevin did and that's why it's so special.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I don't hold out much hope for Jersey Girl since I can't stand Jennifer Lopez and I haven't seen Ben Affleck turn in a decent acting performance (other than Daredevil) SINCE Chasing Amy.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

I thought he was awful in daredevil. Then again the film was awful IMO so i'm a bit biast in how i rate his performance.

I know J.Lo is going to be awful to watch in it, but i do have confidence that this is good 'cause looking back on any of his films i wouldn't say on paper they sounded any good atall. I mean, how would you word Mallrats?

Mallrats:

A film about 2 guys with girl trouble that hang around a mall, played by Jeremy London and Jason Lee.

Dogma:

A religious themed film about a pair of fallen angels trying to get back in to heaven. A desendant of jesus tries to stop them.

I mean, those 2 films sounded awful but because Kevin was at the helm they had crackling dialouge, brilliant wit and interesting thoughts about human nature e.t.c I feel as long as Jersey Girl has these Smith qualities it to should be very watchable. Ok, so Mallrats was a bit crap, but that's 'cause it lacked good characters which i feel Kevins realised when he made Chasing Amy.

And also 'cause it's his first post jay and silent bob film so he has to make it good or he's going to be accused of selling out and just giving up when he eventually makes a clerks cartoon film.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Whilst we're on a Kevin Smith tip Id like to say that Dogma is one of the most hilarious films Ive ever seen, shame Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back didnt match up to it but the DVD extras of J&SBSB are quite possibly the funniest sketches Ive seen in my entire life! For those that have seen them all I can say is ''ever had your a*se licked by a fatman in an over coat?'' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

::ahem....::: you folks sure know how to change the subject royally.....

:lol: :lol: :roll:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

This is very true, and keeping with that theme, whats a fellow UK Floydster doing up at this ungodly hour :D
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

ha ha ha....I'm listening to A Saucerful Of Secrets...and, posting! lol
Don't ask why I'm up, I was asleep, woke up, and now I can't get back to sleep again...I feel sick...I should go to bed! lol
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

:lol: Good work RWG! Do you want to know whats really scary? Im listening to ASOS too! Perhaps we should open our windows, turn our amps up and educate the rest of the country :lol: