Gilmour and Can

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Gilmour and Can

Post by MoreOrLess »

I dont know how many of you have heard of the german band Can, basicly they were a great experimental band much like a funkier version of the early floyd (fools gold by the stone roses is very can like if you want another refference). I'd heard a few times that Dave Co wrote there only hit single "I want more" in 76 but I was just looking on the all music site and Dave is down as co writter of every song on the album flowmotion(take a look http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... 1tk6hx9krf). Does anyone know anything about the story behind this as I can't find any info on it.
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

Hmmm, that is really interesting. I do like Can very much, but I do not know all their records (there is plenty of them), and I have not heard anything about Dave's contribution yet!
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

I'd heard before that it wans't true & found this (via google) from the Pink Floyd Interaction Database

"Rolling Stone's Rock Encyclopedia and Encyclopedia of Rock Stars state that David Gilmour wrote the song, I Want More , Can's only hit-single in 1976 (the song can be found on Can's 1976 release Flowmotion ).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is NOT TRUE !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In reality, the author of the lyrics to the song is Peter Gilmour a journalist and a friend of Can."
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

Ah that would explain why I cant find any info on it ;).
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

MoreOrLess wrote:Ah that would explain why I cant find any info on it ;).
Indeed.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

hmmmmmmmmm........ :shock: