roger water lip sync TESTED

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
francis604
Embryo
Embryo

roger water lip sync TESTED

Post by francis604 »

hi there

i did a final test on roger water show comparing the "trip at the cork"
show and the 06 show in montreal that i tape myself
so on this file you can hear on right chanel montreal ( if not reversed cable .. youll hear at 1:12 of the song == je sais pas si il va changer les nom)
and left channel trip at the cork

anyway except this from 1:12-1:45 its lip sync

i test all the song

so sheep have a cigare fletcher memorial home
and bring the boyrs are lip synced sheep is the most obvious
the song is SO SYNCED they all on clock and it totaly loose when all the lyrics are finish and the final riff begining both song get unsync
totaly crazy

southamton dock is not lip synced or some show may not be lip synced
time feel realy tight but the song is too messy to get everyon in sync too
much different singer roger the chorist carin it would screw up somewhere
the song is not totaly sync up

fletcher
http://www.yourfileupload.com/file.php? ... 7d26563d60

southampton
http://www.yourfileupload.com/file.php? ... 4e554da386
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

interesting, I was quite convinced he lip-synched, or uses backing tracks, if you could elaborate it and make more hypothesis like backing tranking or so, maybe we would have something for the magazine?
theman4455245
Blade
Blade
Location: The Only Place You Can't Show Breasts On Television

Post by theman4455245 »

According to... himself, he is tone deaf.

:shock: I CAN SEE USING BACKING TAPES IN FRONT OF A BIG AUDIENCE :shock:

I would :oops:

Or stage fright would...ahem, you get the point.:smt095
francis604
Embryo
Embryo

Post by francis604 »

i dont understand by what u mean "make more hypotesis like backing tranking" = ?

and by the way when i say

"time feel realy tight but the song"

i was speaking about TIME the song

i dont know what i would say more hehe i can mayby do the same thing for the other song and put them online but its pretty deceiving hearing sheep with a nice stereo feeling ehhe :(

else than... the drummer is fucking tight !!!!
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

American Heritage Dictionary wrote:hy·poth·e·sis (h?-p?th'?-s?s)
n. pl. hy·poth·e·ses (-s?z')
1. A tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem that can be tested by further investigation.
2. Something taken to be true for the purpose of argument or investigation; an assumption.
3. The antecedent of a conditional statement.

[Latin, subject for a speech, from Greek hupothesis, proposal, supposition, from hupotithenai, hupothe-, to suppose : hupo-, hypo- + tithenai, to place; see dh?- in Indo-European roots.]
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

It seems to me that there are certain songs in his catalogue that Roger can no longer perform vocally. It would also seem that these songs are songs that an audience would like to hear.

Given those two things, it seems perfectly reasonable to me for Roger to use SOME technical assistance in getting these songs in front of an audience.

If the dude has to use tapes to do it, that's okay with me.

Just admit it...be honest about it.

It's only dishonest if you try to say it isn't happening when it is.
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

mosespa wrote:It seems to me that there are certain songs in his catalogue that Roger can no longer perform vocally. It would also seem that these songs are songs that an audience would like to hear.

Given those two things, it seems perfectly reasonable to me for Roger to use SOME technical assistance in getting these songs in front of an audience.

Signed. I've said all along he uses vocal tracks..It was inevitable someone would compare the actual tracks eventually and prove it beyond all doubt.

Just as a little FYI, he also used tracks on the 3 tours before this one (pros and cons, kaos and ITF). Probably used a few with floyd too... almost certainly on "the wall".
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

mosespa wrote:It seems to me that there are certain songs in his catalogue that Roger can no longer perform vocally. It would also seem that these songs are songs that an audience would like to hear.

Sadly...the whole lip-synch thing is the reason I have declined being interested in Roger's current tour.

Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

Vlad-

Yes, Roger is synching to new lows here but its still A GREAT SHOW.
So good in fact that I am going again in May...
oyv666
Blade
Blade

Post by oyv666 »

Is he just lip-syching or are there instrument synch too ?
I went to his show last year but didn't notice anything, but i wasn't thinking about it...
I'm going to a new show in april, maybe i'll notice then..
My opinion is if he cant sing it, he shoul drop it !!
I'm not paying to listen to a f..... tape...
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Parish wrote:Vlad-

Yes, Roger is synching to new lows here but its still A GREAT SHOW.
So good in fact that I am going again in May...

Saw him three times several years back on one of his tours....did one frigging helluvalot of traveling to do so too. Considered it worth the effort but lip-synching turns me off big time especially from someone I respect. If Zappa, or Lennon (were they alive that is) or Dylan toured and were lip-synching I'd be just as un-interested/disappointed and I love them more than Roger.

On a side-note...saw Gilmour once on this last tour and liked it better than the Roger shows I saw but by saying that I am not putting Waters down at all. One could say (Mossy will agree with this I think)...seeing and hearing Gilmour and Wright together I was hearing the Pink Floyd SOUND rather than the Pink Floyd brain. Maybe that's why I dug it more.

AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by AsydWaters »

Thats something I really subscribe to.We all know that Roger ( and now at this age too) is not always able to perform "certain-parts of his/pf " songs live ;so using a DAT/technology to overcome this bit for the show must go on...by Roger is perfectly acceptable to me;cause He does not deny it too.So when the honesty is there ;where lies the blame in this?
Stop postmortem of songs performed live by Waters because He gives the audience what they want,and if some one wants to spoil the show by "Shouting Foul" then I surely would have all of'em shot !!
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

I hear ya Vlad, good points ( Gilmour/Wright ) but to me it was the same "something lacking" that you get with Rog's tour as well. I dunno I just liked Rog's show better...
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Does B.B.King lip-synch or use backing tracks? He's a much older fart.

Anyway, the bigger bands are doing it a lot these days...arenas & stadiums...I guess it is the times, I mean, it helps EVERYTHING stay together (videos, pyro, etc.) - Nobody wants to hear a jam anymore, could you imagine 15 minutes of the Embryo?

The only way I would see Roger now is if I had absolutely GREAT tickets, otherwise watching ants is no fun.

btw, somebody had already synched a couple of shows very early in the tour 2006 as proof.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

nosaj wrote:Does B.B.King lip-synch or use backing tracks? He's a much older fart.
He may be older, but his catalogue is full of songs that will ALWAYS be within his range.

Roger made a slight error in writing some songs that strained his voice as he sang them...and now, he can no longer hit some of those notes. Probably all of The Final Cut just as an example.

As it happened, some of those songs have turned out to be the very ones that people want to hear.

B.B. King has never done anything but SING (and play guitar, of course) throughout his whole career.

Roger Waters went through a couple of different SCREAMING stages...The Wall, The Final Cut, The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking...all three of those albums contain songs that Roger can no longer perform as recorded. He simply can't hit some of those notes anymore.

BTW...Vlad, yes...I agree with you totally. Gilmour and Wright ARE the Pink Floyd SOUND. That's how they were able to get away with reconstituting without Waters in the first place.

For the SOUND, you don't need the BRAIN (to use your wonderfully chosen terms.)

Roger is the BRAIN...but without Gilmour/Wright, he lacks the SOUND. And while that sound can be sort of duplicated, it can't be recreated without David and Richard.

Good to see you active again, Vlad :D