roger water lip sync TESTED

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Well, maybe she wasn't sure what was PF material and what was solo material? Oh my. :shock: :lol:
Craig Marion
Blade
Blade

Post by Craig Marion »

Syd'sSexy wrote:Interesting. A friend of mine saw one of his shows in Australia last month and indicated that the entire first half of his show (before intermission) was about 80% solo material. Perhaps he varies his set list.
The first set:

1. In the Flesh - PF
2. Mother - PF
3. Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun - PF
4. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts II - V) (abridged) - PF
5. Have a Cigar - PF
6. Wish You Were Here - PF
7. Southampton Dock
8. The Fletcher Memorial Home - PF
9. Perfect Sense, Parts 1 and 2
10. Leaving Beirut
11. Sheep - PF

So 8 songs out of 12 are Floyd tunes in the first set and the whole second set is DSOTM, doesn't get much Floydier than that.

I saw both the Gilmour tour and Rogers...both were very good but I am leaning more towards Roger.
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

So thats only two RW solo songs...
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

some would count those Final Cut songs as Roger solo
including Gilmour
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

Yep some would...
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

You two [-X We celebrate all of PF...if it says Pink Floyd on the label of The Final Cut and the Division Bell, then it is Pink Floyd.
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

I hear ya! I bought my remastered TFC this weekend!
kardyl
Axe
Axe

Post by kardyl »

PublicImage wrote:
peesea wrote:or the sheep at the start of SHEEP?
They didn't hide the sheep when they played in New Zealand! :D
I can vouch for that - Sheep were live and well at the Auckland gig,

ha ha charade you are
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Music from the Body Language Of Roger Waters !!

Post by AsydWaters »

Hey, This man has been thru 6 decades ( ...when he was 30 he wrote "..then one day you find 10 years have got behind you,no one told when to run,you missed the starting gun") and still the kind of energy and that body language of his while performing live still tops the bands half his age.Its sheer joy and pure love of music that ties us the audience with him by some invisible binds.In Mumbai, the man was so full of the kind of satisfaction an artist wants which is "people from all kinds of places" come together to listen to his songs and his art. I haven't seen any other band till date to perform with such vigor in India...be it (Ironically :roll: these were the bands who lip synced all the way: "Deep Purple , Bryan Adams , Def Leppard etc. with the exception of Bruce Springsteen,Sting and Peter Gabriel's tour")
We must thank him for giving us the PF fans his songs (be it as PF or solo) for he's known for his songs rather than his band wise songs.
Indeed it was so obvious to us that Rog will sing "ATBITW" right after "ITF" that :) we already had our hands raised screaming mimic like wise "You!! Stand still Laddie" to which even Roger :oops: couldn't help laugh for a few seconds before he poured his soul out singing "Mother".It wasn't that we had come to see Roger perform as "Ex-Pink Floyd/Solo " it was just "Roger Waters and The Dark Side Of The Moon"-the man who was part of such a great piece of music.And yes we don't discriminate Pink Floyd on the basis of AMLOR & TDB vs. Roger led era.
Why are some people shouting out so loud and hoarse about such a trivial issue of Lip Synch.I sure will listen to a night of "If,His humming the San tropej in ITF02 DVD,embryo....or just to hear him strum his guitar while incorporating lyrics into whatever tune comes to his mind.Though I've not seen David's live show but these two tours of Roger surely beat Dave's post "PULSE" tours.
Just think how much details he goes into before performing for every country.I mean,why would he go to such lenghts to research about the most unjust cause of "Caste System" in India and then to have it written his message in HINDI "Sarv Ek Jaati Hai"-i.e. "We all are (belong) to same caste (i.e. Human beings ) sprayed on the Pig.
Let's put to rest this non-meaningful discussion of :evil: "Lip Synch";leave it to Britney Sinnead'O Spears kinda performers.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Craig Marion wrote:So 8 songs out of 12 are Floyd tunes in the first set and the whole second set is DSOTM, doesn't get much Floydier than that.
Not even that. 7 songs as you missed Southampton Dock as a Floyd track

Would have really liked to hear some more of it though. Particularly something from PACOHH which seems to have been rather underrepresented. Maybe even the song Amused to Death would have been a decent inclusion

Regardless though, utterly amazing concert i was at (was Hyde Park last year)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

No Certificate Of Authenticity? :lol:
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by AsydWaters »

None needed ,its ISO-i*O*u*812 marked !!!
Well when he played these at Mumbai; I don't need to give a proof of purchase when I myself heard him sing and he really got it bad for the voice was starting to break just when he reached Vera...(reminds of Live In Berlin-one of the reasons I love it is that Roger sings "Run Like Hell" till he can't sing anymore !!)
The mumbai 2007 set was :In The Flesh, ( and how we all were starting to shout "You yes you stand still laddie!!)-embarrasing Roger perhaps but he did get back on us in the encore) Mother, Set The Controls For the Heart Of The Sun, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Have A Cigar (Best live version I've heard till now) , Wish You Were Here, Southampton Dock, The Fletcher Memorial Home (now this was rather overdone...I mean he could have sung Gunner's Dream/TFC title track instead), Perfect Sense parts 1 and 2 (that lady got us spellbound), Leaving Beirut (Reaceived standing Ovation), Sheep (Wildet thing he performed on this tour in India)
SECOND HALF: Dark Side of the Moon...(a once in a lifetime oppurtunity to hear the album performed by one of its co-creator ;all the real fans of PF were there only for this one reason)and for the encore he gave us The Happiest Days Of Our Lives, Another Brick In The Wall (Pt 2), Vera, Bring the Boys back Home, Comfortably Numb.
BTW,who'll be the signatory authority for the Certificate Of Authencity?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I dunno...but since I can't find mine, I wasn't going to put this up on the board. But seeing as how it's not necessary to have a COA, I e-mailed Roger Waters and got this response:

Hello Sean,

Thank you so much for your concern about my vocals. Yes, I'm afraid that I am using backing tracks on this tour. In fact, I'm taking a tip from that lovely Ashlee Simpson and am lip synching every song. I don't even speak the between song banter, it's all pre-recorded as well. Please don't let the punters know.

Irascibly Yours,
Roger Waters
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

Its like arguing with creationists.

Rather than putting up any sort of valid argument it goes something like this

[Person A] Roger Waters has vocal tracks for many of his songs on the current tour. Here is the proof...Visual, audio.
I'm afraid it's unavoidable, unless you are willfully blind, noticing that he has lead vocal tracks running on many of the songs on his current tour...Including Sheep, Fletchers, have a cigar among others.
[Person B] But Ian Ritchie says it aint so
[Person A] Here's the proof
[Person B] But I'm someone important and I know Ian Ritchie IN REAL LIFE.
[Person A] Have you actually watched the "live in Rio" concert?
[Person B] The cup of Christ is IN FACT a woman
[Person A] Have you listened to the RoIO's alongside each other?
[Person B] They never went to the moon you know. It was all shot in a studion in Hollywood. Did I mention my wife knows Ian Ritchies cousin twice removed?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

EDIT: Peesea...that's fecking BRILLIANT...and also quite accurate :lol:
filthyfish wrote:ahh! you are so funny. but we have been here before, and I am not about to get into another discussion about who I am, who I know, and who I am freinds with..., Ians answer is good enough for me.
If you dont want to believe it, thats fine too, your loss. I will still be going to the gigs in Barcelona and London.

If you insist on authentication you can find another link on http://www.myspace.com/gabrielmallory which is my working name, obviously cant use my real one, where you will find comments from Ian and of course his own soho project page. you can follow the links to my floydband site, where you will find pics of me and Ian on and off stage.
then if you still think i am "making it up" well, again its your loss.
Dan Brown.
Now, we're making some progress, Dan. You haven't tried to insult me once in the above post, you address the issue at hand, you even give me the respect of allowing me to think whatever I wish to think in spite of whether or not it's true.

Wonderful...I shall return you the same courtesies with my own reply, then.

Dan, the issue of whether or not you're friends with Ian is now totally irrelevant. Whether or not it's true and whether or not it can be proven, etc. etc. etc. is no longer the issue.

To me, it ceased to be the issue when I pointed out that Ian is now on Roger's payroll and so is rather obliged to say whatever Roger wishes him to say about the use of tapes.

As I stated before, I'm sure he signed a waiver of SOME kind...and somewhere on that waiver, I'm sure, was a clause forbidding anyone in the crew from discussing the particulars of the show...we all know how Roger has been in the past regarding the riders at shows.

So...Ian can say it until he's blue in the face and I won't believe it. Just like you don't care how many people compare multiple versions of Sheep and Have A Cigar from different venues and find the vocal parts to be IDENTICAL, you're not going to believe it.

We choose what we believe, don't we?

We choose whom we believe.

And at this point in time, I choose to believe people with multiple recordings from different shows and people who have already been to multiple shows and believe the vocals on certain songs to be INDENTICAL over someone who claims to have a well-paid friend in the band who says that there are no vocal tapes being played.

But that's just me...