roger water lip sync TESTED

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

filthyfish wrote:the only way i would believe it is if i made those recordings myself.
So, you also wouldn't believe that Sparks clearly used backing tapes for orchestral parts on their last few tours, since you didn't record them?
Craig Marion
Blade
Blade

Post by Craig Marion »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

I was just gonna say the zzzzzzzzzzzame thing
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

Can we just lock this thread and be done with it. It doesnt seem like there is any useful discussion left on this topic.
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

fatoldbob wrote:Can we just lock this thread and be done with it. It doesnt seem like there is any useful discussion left on this topic.
That makes no sense as what you just said makes great sense....
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by AsydWaters »

:idea: Z zz z zz z z zz z z z zz z z z z z

Plz, Wake me up when this thread is locked and the keys thrown and some are drowned down tied with a stone...but till then
z z ZZ z zz z Z and zzzzzzzzzzzzz....( :shock: Oh God !!! Leave her alone,the arabs with knives)
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

My sentiments exactly. Don't read the thread if the subject matter revolts or bores you.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

filthyfish wrote:I am also sure that if he was, He'd have mentioned it somewhere by now.
I'm curious to know why you think this.

What possible reason could Roger Waters have for admitting to the use of backing tracks?

When have you EVER known of Roger Waters to admit to a weakness without being backed into a corner about it?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

filthyfish wrote:1. Because he has nothing to prove, he is selling out a huge world tour, and no one seems to care that he did it last time because they are still flocking in their thousands to see him again. if, that is, he was miming then.

2. I just dont see it is necessary and surely hed know that if he was miming, he'd get caught.

3. so the simplest answer is usually the right one, all things being equal.

4. Personally if i had to mime, i'd give up.
1. Right...he's selling out a huge world tour. He hasn't done that since the days of Pink Floyd. Even the ITF tour reportedly had large sections of empty seats in the audience. The stakes are much bigger now, with less room for the potential of error. Roger's got to be SPOT on now.

2. Do you really think that Roger Waters can still it that "hold on to the DREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM" note?

Because I don't think he can. I also don't think he can hit certain notes in Sheep and the fact that Paul Carrack sang the lead vocals on Have A Cigar TWENTY YEARS AGO indicates that Roger hasn't been able to sing that particular song night after night in quite awhile.

3. The simplest answer to me is: old guy who can no longer sing like he used to needs all the help he can get, especially now that there are much larger stakes involved and less margin for the potential of error. Backing tracks would be consistent night after night...especially now when they wouldn't actually be on TAPE which can bungle up.

4. Yeah...but you're not Roger Waters, now; are you?

You say that it doesn't matter to you whether he's lip synching or not, but it also seems that you keep a white knuckle grip on "he's not miming, he's NOT miming, he's NOT MIMING, HE'S NOT MIMING!!!!"

If it doesn't matter to you, why do you keep that white knuckle grip on the assertion that he's not?

It doesn't matter to me whether he is or not...and although I keep taking the side that he is and offering up my reasons for why I think that he would, I also admit that I DON'T KNOW whether he is or not.

You keep asserting that you DO know...and face it, you really don't.

Sure, you're taking the word of someone that you trust...but that doesn't actually mean that you, yourself KNOW for certain.

I agree with the person who says that there's no further use in this thread, but I really enjoy going round and round this particular circle.

What's that say about me? :lol: :lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

You've got some time on your hands!

This issue didn't come out of nowhere. It isn't common for several fan forums to suddenly accuse the person they are a fan of, of lip-synching. But, there has been no resolution to this. I guess you won't find reporters asking him this question (why is that?)...I would suggest that Roger never say anything about it, unless it happens live on TV in an obvious way. Besides, filthyfish and mossy wouldn't have any way of bonding.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

nosaj wrote:Besides, filthyfish and mossy wouldn't have any way of bonding.
Yes, those two need "a home, a little place of their own" :lol:
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

mosespa wrote:
I agree with the person who says that there's no further use in this thread, but I really enjoy going round and round this particular circle.

What's that say about me? :lol: :lol:
You know what they say about people that do the same thing over again expecting a different result...
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

filthyfish wrote:Fact is if he couldn't sing it, they'd just drop the key. would they not? that what everyone else does.
Why drop the key and have to relearn the song entirely when you can either just get someone else to sing it (which is what Roger has done in the past,) or use tapes made when you were having a good voice day?

The fact that Roger has simply used other vocalists in the past indicates to me that he's not inclined to simply put a song into a different key in order to better be able to sing it.

A lot of people maintain that even non-musicians in the audience can tell when a song is in a different key...it just doesn't sound right.

Here's an unsolicited piece of advice, Dan...whenever one takes a particular side in an argument, their argument always comes across as being slightly more convincing whenever they admit that it COULD be wrong.

It's just a little more...graceful, I guess is the word.

Maybe I'm wrong...maybe Roger has suddenly regained all of the register that he lost in the eighties (when he had to have other people sing.)

Maybe Roger has found some kind of fountain of youth for his voice.

It COULD be...but I don't think it is.
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

Fact 1: Mosespa isn't wrong about anything.

Fact 2: Rogers Miming

Fact 3: Its not like its a first. Roger's been miming throughout his solo career, he has mimed a verse on "every strangers eyes" ("and now, from where I stand, upon this hill" etc) in the pros, kaos, and itf tours (and possibly other tracks too...but who can be bothered looking for it).

Fact 4: The tour is still worth seeing, even so.

Fact 5: Denying reality is retarded.

Fact 6: Knowing Ian Ritchie in real life does not give you an insight to the workings of the universe. It may however, give you an opportunity to ask why he added those awful sequencer parts to the radio kaos album.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

I would like to throw in a quote from "bgmww" who posted on the A Fleeting Glimpse forum about his meeting with Jon Carin recently. Hopefuly he won't mind me posting this, if he's reading this :)

Sorry if some or all of it isn't news to anyone. Or completley irrelevant. I haven't really followed this debate that's been going on for months since life's a bit too short for all of that. Here you go anyway:

EDIT: Removed as requested :)
Last edited by thrill-seeker on Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.