roger water lip sync TESTED

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Personally, I don't care at all. The show itself is absolutely fantastic, and when I saw him I was far too into the music to even give a thought as to whether or not he was miming.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

peesea wrote:Fact 1: Mosespa isn't wrong about anything.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CLASSIC post.
kardyl
Axe
Axe

Post by kardyl »

I had a freind that was hired as security at a Pink Floyd and a Roger Waters concert sometime while he was living in London, and he never mentioned anything about lip syncing - never mind that it didn't come up in the conversation - or that he never actually saw the concerts as he was "security ing" outside.

But it still doesn't make a hill of beans either way - he still rocks - and it is still his voice - and he still sung it - and he still performs it - and he still keeps on showing up - and we still keep on paying.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

filthyfish wrote:I agree, songs not in the original key sound different of course, but to "relearn" them would take no time at all, most good musicians can transpose on the fly, we have tried several ways of playing dogs, an interval sharp, to save taking another two guitars, and it sounds horrible, we tried different inversions of the acoustic guitar chords, and decided that it would only work in the original key.
In your post, you say that "most good musicians can transpose on the fly."

FACT: Roger Waters is not a "good" musician...he is merely adequate. He admits this freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely.

So...changing keys won't work and you admit yourself that it makes the song sound "wrong." That leaves two options left for Rog:

1. Get other people to sing the song

2. Use tapes.

Which technique does it seem that Roger is using on this tour?

Because from what I understand, he ain't getting other people to sing the songs.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

mosespa wrote:
Which technique does it seem that Roger is using on this tour?

Because from what I understand, he ain't getting other people to sing the songs.
When we were at Cork Jon Carin did lots of singing
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Did he sing Have A Cigar, Sheep or The Final Cut songs? Because these are the songs that people seem to be pointing to as examples of tape being used.
funky jack
Embryo
Embryo

Hello

Post by funky jack »

Hello everybody,
I was watching the live at cork voio and asked myself about lip sync. So I wanted to have you opinion about this small extract of the wall http://download.yousendit.com/E4BE1EDB038A8F22
peesea
Knife
Knife

Re: Hello

Post by peesea »

funky jack wrote:Hello everybody,
I was watching the live at cork voio and asked myself about lip sync. So I wanted to have you opinion about this small extract of the wall http://download.yousendit.com/E4BE1EDB038A8F22
Nah...he's not lip syncing in that clip as far as I can tell. That song is one both Dave Gilmour and him shared vocal duties on live, and in the clip you uploaded it's John Carin you can hear doing the vocal line while he's off the mic. However, the kids voices are rolled direct off the tape used on the album, and for a show that supposedly has NO tape loops (according to Ian Ritchies fanbois) that doesn't add up.

If you want to clearly see when he's using pre-recorded lead vocal tracks, watch the live in Rio DVD. Once you've seen that you'll have no problem picking it out in Cork. Have a cigar, Sheep, Fltechers etc.