My Experience At The Show

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

My Experience At The Show

Post by Charade I am »

Last night Roger Waters played here, in Lima. The experience was out of this world, the emotion, the excitement, I was touched and moved...

The concert didn´t last 3 hours, the concert is still running inside my head, and Yes, IT´S ME. Don´t tell me that it´s over because I can still see the flying pig up above in the sky, getting smaller every second, I can still see the screen with all the multimedia effects, I can still see Roger getting close to the edge of the stage, smiling at us (he smiled at me and winked when i raised my hands and pointed at him, showing how fuc*ing happy I was. Yes, I was in the first row), singing along with us. I still have the feeling that more songs are about to come, the end of the show is still far. I still can´t believe he was here with us, in our Lima, in our neighborhood, showing passion in every single one of his songs, trasmitting that same passion he had at age 29, when he composed Dark Side Of The Moon, and speaking of this album, that part of the show he dedicated to it, entirely...it was amazing, this album that introduced me to Pink Floyd´s music some years ago, Roger´s music, Roger´s lyrics. (On The Run was fuc*ing awesome). The experience was unique, it was an All-Inclusive Package. From being next to Roger at the Hotel, signing my copy of Wish You Were Here, taking a picture with him, videos, telling him thanks for coming to Peru, to the moment of the concert, being just a meter away from the stage, expressing my joy and excitement, knowing I´m a privileged person, not wanting this to end, and it seems like it´s far from ending, at least inside my head it is...Thank You Mr. Waters, Thank You for playing here, thank you for your passion, thank your for your music, thank you for making the dream come true.

P.S. I will be posting pictures and videos later.
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

Looking forward to seeing these :D
Saint Seiya
Blade
Blade

Post by Saint Seiya »

sweet. I was born in Peru. Im gonna go see Roger in Oakland June 19.
generalhooha
Blade
Blade
Location: Deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves.

Post by generalhooha »

I had a similar effect, but now I can hardly remember the concert and am becoming very angry (I can not get David Gilmour's one out of my head).
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

generalhooha wrote:I had a similar effect, but now I can hardly remember the concert and am becoming very angry (I can not get David Gilmour's one out of my head).
Gilmour just sears those notes into your subconcious. You're marked for life.

:shock: :D
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

A recopilatory video from the show at Lima, taken by other person...good quality, enjoy!....ahh, getting nostalgic...I wanna be there again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS07OCVWrNo
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Nice
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I'm gettin nostalgic as well. I want him to come back to Adelaide again!
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

I feel the same. :( I hope he tours again.
ugljesic
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ugljesic »

How come it lasted sutch short time? I'm going to his show at Budapest, and I hope it will last much longer!!!
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

time just flies. you're really in a state of trance at the show. I'm sure this will be an unforgettable experience for you.
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

It was a great concert last night in Cologne. I've been to quite a lot of concerts and this one was one of the best. I felt like floating in sound and visual effects. Sometimes I didn't know where to look at, the screen, the stage or the light effects. A real multi-media experience.
I think I liked the first half of the concert even better than DSOTM but I'm still not absolutely sure about that. Sheep was absolutely brilliant , driving the audience mad. Leaving Beirut, The Fletcher Memorial Home and Southhampton Dock were moving. His Syd Barrett reminiscence was very moving as well, when the film sequences of Syd were shown while playing Shine On.
I am very happy that I had the chance to see Roger Waters and hope that he might tour again sometime in the future.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

jambo wrote:I'm gettin nostalgic as well. I want him to come back to Adelaide again!
Me too, so I'm glad he's coming back to the Hollywood Bowl even though it's apparently the same show. He could just keep coming every few months doing that show and it would be fine with me :)
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

Getting up there in age gotta take what we can get because theres nothing like A live show/

and lets be honest its not going to be for much longer is SAd :cry: as it is Bite my own tongue