DVD of current tour

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
peesea
Knife
Knife

DVD of current tour

Post by peesea »

So, does anyone have the skinny on this? I remember it was around on most of the fansites that both Dave and Rogers tours were going to produce DVD's...does anyone know anything further to this? What's in the can...if anything?

If he does release anything I hope it has the full (2007) film backdrops and so on (personally I think his tour band have tightened up and are more pro now in 2007 than they were in 2006 ...and the structure/continuity of the show is much better now.

Is the tour filmcrew waiting til he returns to europe/earls court so he can bring Nick (and possibly other floydies) to do DSOTM again? I'm sure he'll at least ask Dave and Rick upon his return...though I won't hold my breath.

I want a nice 5.1 version in High-Def of this tour, please, Mr.Waters... And you can quickly follow that with your heartland double CD. Then quicksmart onto bullying Dave into doing something decent. Thanks alot.
Jujufloyd
Axe
Axe

Post by Jujufloyd »

Well, according to Roger's management, there are no plans for a dvd from that tour.

Doubt Over Roger Waters DVD
Although never officially announced, there has been a wide spread expectation that Roger would produce a DVD from his current tour. Rumours were rife in 2006 that the Magny Cours (France) concert was to be filmed, and similar rumours were around for Roger's Hollywood Bowl performances. However, we are now hearing that a DVD has not been planned at all. We will follow this up to see if we can get any further info.

>> http://www.pinkfloydz.com/
Steelbreeze1971
Axe
Axe

Post by Steelbreeze1971 »

Yes, that post ruined my day when I first read it. But with all the amazing material that has surfaced from both Roger's and David's tour I will settle for a good quality Roger VoIO that compares to HOP010, which is the mother of all VoIO to me.
Jujufloyd
Axe
Axe

Post by Jujufloyd »

Steelbreeze1971 wrote:Yes, that post ruined my day when I first read it. But with all the amazing material that has surfaced from both Roger's and David's tour I will settle for a good quality Roger VoIO that compares to HOP010, which is the mother of all VoIO to me.
Indeed !
We already have VoIO as Tripped Out In Cork (still HOP by the way !) or the 3 cam-ix from Verona june 4, and even the Lisbon show, so the deception isn't that big... and I hope HOP will produce another great VoIO from this 2007 tour !

Anyway, I deeply hope an official dvd will be release though...
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I'm still waiting for Flickering Flame Vol. 2: The Solo Years.

I hope Vol. 2 is a boxset, 'cause I understand all solo tours had the audio recorded...maybe a dvd could be added, and maybe a recording of the cameras for the screen has been made...a lot of maybes, huh?
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

If Rog felt like it, he could probably pull off an official DVD release without having added more than the usual cameras. It'd be an easy matter of mixing the two Cork hi-def cams with the soundboard and on-stage projector-cams from that show (or use the audience footage of any other show).
kardyl
Axe
Axe

Post by kardyl »

So why not get Roger to post all his video here then the people here can create the DVD themselves and it doesn't cost him anythang - get the fans who paid all their money to see him - spend all their time to make the DVD - that makes perfect CENTS to me (and perfect DOLLARS for him).

Heres hoping
Craig Marion
Blade
Blade

Post by Craig Marion »

Jujufloyd wrote:
Steelbreeze1971 wrote:Yes, that post ruined my day when I first read it. But with all the amazing material that has surfaced from both Roger's and David's tour I will settle for a good quality Roger VoIO that compares to HOP010, which is the mother of all VoIO to me.
Indeed !
We already have VoIO as Tripped Out In Cork (still HOP by the way !) or the 3 cam-ix from Verona june 4, and even the Lisbon show, so the deception isn't that big... and I hope HOP will produce another great VoIO from this 2007 tour !

Check out the Pentagon Pig Tapes way better than Tripped Out In Cork....superb quality pro-shot all the way.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Not exactly pro shot...couple of cameras set on screens and an audience camera or something like that.
Jujufloyd
Axe
Axe

Post by Jujufloyd »

Craig Marion wrote:
Jujufloyd wrote: Indeed !

Check out the Pentagon Pig Tapes way better than Tripped Out In Cork....superb quality pro-shot all the way.
Of course I've got it yet ! ;)
I don't found it excellent at all. Cam 2 is completely out of sync. Light isn't good, sound is good but not excellent. Way too much close up...

I prefer the 3 cam mix from Verona and Tripped Out In Cork ! ;)
Steelbreeze1971
Axe
Axe

Post by Steelbreeze1971 »

The liberated Verona matrix VoIO with the amazing audio from the 5th is very good too. :shock:
javierol
Embryo
Embryo

Post by javierol »

Buenos Aires was pro filmed.
I was there for the two shows and it was a magical experience.
Both shows were filmed by Argentinian Chanel TELEFE.
This will air very soon.

I hope someone is able to get a pre-broadcast copy just like it happened with U2.
Quality will be much better than cable (PAL) and Direct TV (NTSC) broadcasts.

And there is an FM broadcast of the first gig being torrented at another site.

And I have his autograph and a picture....what more can I ask for???
Well, a tour book, but they sold out 2 minutes before I entered the stadium...:)