atom heart mother album

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Parpa
Blade
Blade

Re: Atom Heart Mother

Post by Parpa »

Atom Heart Mother is (to me) one of the "early classics" that continue to keep me listening to Pink Floyd as time marches on. I mean, as great as DSOTM, Wish U Were Here, Animals and The Wall are (Floyd's "prime"), the early, pre-Dark Side albums are treasures to behold. On some levels I even like them better than their HUGE successful albums. They are easier to listen to...lighter....and they lack the conceptual baggage that can make an album cumbersome to absorb.

AHM is an album I bought back in high school (circa 1987 or so)...and I have very fond memories of listening to it! My favorite track has to be Fat Old Sun - - perhaps David's greatest pastoral achievement? That solo alone could be the seed that brought me to pick up the guitar myself. What a beautiful and pure Fender tone that was! Still love it.

As for the rest of this album...I do like the Atom Heart Mother Suite, though it requires more time (and reason?) than I can afford in many cases. It's experimental...and that's what Floyd lost after DSOTM. They became too polished, but of course the material was so damn good!

Summer '68 is decent and bubbly.
If...is pretty average but perhaps a sign of better things to come.
Alan's Breakfast...well....it's cool considering what it is, but I'd be more into it if they would have left the "sound effects" out. I like the music. They were too bent on inserting voices and sounds (I suppose that was the idea, but...)

I've rambled on (as usual)....bottom line for me...AHM is one of Floyd's most interesting albums.
atom
Embryo
Embryo

Post by atom »

Really with the suite who has a lot of :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= i like it very much for me it's very funny to hear it
and all the others tracks are so beatifull
who sometimes put me to sleep

:| :| :|

bye

VIVA CHILE, MIERDA

Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Love HM and S68. Can't say i like anything else on it enough to give them a special mention.