Waiting For The Worms...What Do You Reckon?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Waiting For The Worms...What Do You Reckon?

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

Alright everyone...I must admit, this has been, and always will be one of my most favourite Floyd songs...I don't know why I like it so much, I just do. I love the "marching" sound, I love playing my bass to it, and I love the vocals, esp. at the end when he keeps tlaking as the music gets louder and louder...I've always LOVED this song, and, I'm wondering if anyone else likes it...or, if everyone else doens't like it. So, tell me if you like it or not and state why...I thought it would be interesting to hear other peoples views on one of my favourites!
8)
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

I like it to. :D
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

I like the song....ambient and intense.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

its a great song.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

It is a great song and very much mirrored my right wing tendiences at that time. Listen to the music and lyrics and you can imagine the Hitler youth stomping along to it at the rallies. Waiting for the worms is a battle cry to all those who feel oppressed (and pi**ed off) by liberal policies, and this song and run like hell is for me the most powerful section of the wall album.
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

I like it. Would you like to see Britain rule again, my friend? All you have to do is follow the Worm!

"Hammer
Hammer
Hammer"

Great!
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

The second half of the wall is by far my favorite. From Vera on to the end of the album. I feel like Im inside a movie or something. I also think that the most meaning to The Wall is in those last 5 or 6 songs. They are truely original.
nightmare
Blade
Blade

Post by nightmare »

seamusz wrote:The second half of the wall is by far my favorite. From Vera on to the end of the album. I feel like Im inside a movie or something. I also think that the most meaning to The Wall is in those last 5 or 6 songs. They are truely original.
i competely agree. that doesn't mean the first part of the wall is bad, it is also great, but the secound one is a master piece. waiting for the worms has both great music and even better lyrics and it's one of my favourite songs from the wall
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I love every song on The Wall. I highly doubt anybody will ever put out an album that tops The Wall.
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Post by Stiggs »

I like Waiting For The Worms. I remember the first time I saw The Wall, the part where the camera shifts to the soldier's turning their heads saying "waiting" took me by surprise (I was inebriated, on what I won't say). But I get more of a kick out of "Don't Leave Me Now."
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

On a personal note, I'd like to say welcome back to my friend Libby!

And, I agree with you all, the second part of the Wall just blows me away. Yes, I love the first part, but, the second, wow...I love it all. I just put it on and play with it, its a blast, its like a daily routine! But, Waiting For The Worms...Always will love that...I loooove the marching hammers! And, I love the version of In The Flesh on the film, I love how he says, "Pink isn't well...He's, ...uh, back at the hotel.." I loooove how it is said on the film. But, anyway, I'm going to go on and on if I keep talking about how much I love it...Anyway, you are all right, the first part is great, and the second just blows me away. My favourite part of the first is from Empty Spaces on...And, I looooooove the part in One Of My Turns when it starts getting louder and Pink goes nuts...I feel like doing that sometimes...haha..When I'm realyl mad...ha ha...
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

RogerWatersGirl wrote:And, I agree with you all, the second part of the Wall just blows me away. Yes, I love the first part, but, the second, wow...I love it all. I just put it on and play with it, its a blast, its like a daily routine! But, Waiting For The Worms...Always will love that...I loooove the marching hammers! And, I love the version of In The Flesh on the film, I love how he says, "Pink isn't well...He's, ...uh, back at the hotel.." I loooove how it is said on the film. But, anyway, I'm going to go on and on if I keep talking about how much I love it...Anyway, you are all right, the first part is great, and the second just blows me away. My favourite part of the first is from Empty Spaces on...And, I looooooove the part in One Of My Turns when it starts getting louder and Pink goes nuts...I feel like doing that sometimes...haha..When I'm realyl mad...ha ha...
:) I must say that it shines that you really like, love, adore The Wall. Great! :)
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

I vera is my fav song from the wall at the mo. The feeling is Rogers voice in the "vera, vera what has become of you" with the music i really feel at the moment.

As for the topic yeah its an ok song, not one of the best on the album.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I had something of an epiphany once listening to WFTW, my Mum used to do the barbecue some evenings at a local pub and I was in the car on the way home with her and i had the Wall on my walkman, and WFTM came on, I suddenly found myself getting more and more wrapped up in the song and suddenly being blown away by it as it got more and more intense, as soon as i got home i ran straight upstairs and put the track on properly and blasted it out, much to my neighbours horror! Up until this point WFTM had just been a track on the Wall for me, like it was something that was just part of a sequence, but since then it has been one of my favourites!
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

This song has sort of become the themesong of my pup's housetraining, or shall I say "outside training." No, he doesn't have worms, but we sort of changed the words to: "waiting for the t*rds to come..." Let's just say we do lots of waiting because he's not really on schedule yet. I guess you'd have to have been there.

This dog has so much Floyd references in his life, if he were human, he'd turn out psychotic. Thank goodness he's not. Human nor psychotic.