DOWNLOAD - Syd's Notebooks PDF

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Yes, the still life with the bottles was definitely a nice piece, dated in January 2006, just a few months before he died. My understanding is that the symptoms of Syd's pancreatic cancer were difficult to detect because of his long battle with ulcers. By the time he was diagnosed in May, the cancer was already too far progressed and there was nothing to be done...the end came swiftly...I'm just thankful he was able to lay to rest at his home rather than a hospital. Those were his wishes....
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

OH MY F*CKIN' GOD !!!!!

The Moonchild give big thank you to he who post it :D
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

I'm a "she," moom... :wink:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

makes the whole thing even better ;)
Dark_Globe
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Dark_Globe »

My hypothesis about the Victoria Beckham photo in the scrapbook is that she's not there because Syd/Roger found her fanciful but as a bit of a joke. On the same page as the sun-worshipping Victoria pic, is a clipping about the harmful effects of sun exposure (at least that's how I remember it). I think he juxtposed the two together in a kind of ironic humourous way. He always did have a mischievous sense of humour and a 'different' way of looking at things..
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DOWNLOAD - Syd's Notebooks PDF

Post by Keith Jordan »

Anyone know if any other materials from the auction became available online besides the notebook below?

http://neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/text/SydsNotebooks.pdf
theshockofthenew
Blade
Blade

Post by theshockofthenew »

Tons of stuff went on eBay recently. A few of the items were sheets of paper torn from one of his note books (obviously not those belonging to Syd'sSexy). The piece with his name (Roger Barrett) and address went for close to $3,000 while the other sheets containing random notes went for slightly less than a grand.
His Spanish guitar went up too, but I don't think it sold - the reserve bid was about $10K.
Other items have gone up as well including tubes of his paint (just a single tube), his living room curtains, books and some of his furniture. All these items seem to be placed on eBay by the same person so...one can guess why they were at the auction.
Bea Day
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bea Day »

And I was accused of buying the Barrett paper...for almost 3000 dollars :lol: Just because some other Norwegian bought it :D

Thanks Syd'sSexy for your downloads, I guess I have never really thanked you! Very generous of you! :D As for these notebooks I think only two ripped out papers have been sold, the autograph of course containing his address and telephone number, a gem for any collector as it was proven genuine with papers from the auction, and some strange page containing the different geological times of the earth, not really interesting at all, apart from the fact, that SS notes, and these clearly show he had lost no intellectual power.
Some of the shots here from the Cheffins catalogue is hard to decipher, but clearly a man with many interests, more so than the average bloke you meet on the street and with more knowledge. So seen in this perspective these notebooks are very interesting and one should perhaps be grateful for the seller for tearing them apart as we get to read them on their photographs on eBay, and it gives us a very interesting perspective on how he spent his last years, clearly loving to read and also having no problem in interpreting. Had these books been sold to someone less generous than SS, we might have never seen these notes.
The curtains have yet to sell, third time out, books sold, yes, one of his bikes was not sold either as with the guitar mentioned. Another seller recently sold one of his better DIY jobs, a table, red and lime green, that was actually quite nice, if I had been a millionaire...
And of course an awful lot of very strange and rather humourous forged signatures...but after the initial shock of seeing his notebooks ripped up, as said, maybe for the best, as circumstances are, we'll get the photographs of plenty of his notes as time passes by which for non-collectors are the most important.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

Keith Jordan wrote:Thanks to Syd'sSexy, you can download some of Syd's notebooks that she bought at the Cheffins auction!! Many thanks to her for sharing!

http://neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/text/SydsNotebooks.pdf (7MB)

Can anyone work out what he was on about??
I had missed this one. Let me add another voice of thanks to those already raised in appreciation. A very generous act Syd'sSexy; thank you
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Beowulf wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:Thanks to Syd'sSexy, you can download some of Syd's notebooks that she bought at the Cheffins auction!! Many thanks to her for sharing!

http://neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/text/SydsNotebooks.pdf (7MB)

Can anyone work out what he was on about??
I had missed this one. Let me add another voice of thanks to those already raised in appreciation. A very generous act Syd'sSexy; thank you
Me wants to thank she, too :)
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Keith Jordan wrote:you can download some of Syd's notebooks
Is that legal, Keef? :lol:

Thanx a lot, Teresa. :D

As far as I figured out, there's a kind of a story about architects and painters beginning with Giotto and ending with Le Corbusier. I don't really have the time to read it all right now but the stuff really looks interesting to me, and what I read (and that's just a little) turned out to make pretty much sense. Just that I don't really see any purpose in it.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Hudini wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:you can download some of Syd's notebooks
Is that legal, Keef? :lol:
Yes! Teresa is now the proud owner and she sent it to me to share! 8)
King Offa
Embryo
Embryo

Post by King Offa »

Bea Day wrote:Clearly a man with many interests, more so than the average bloke you meet on the street and with more knowledge
Amen, sister!