Pink Floyd cover on new Rolling Stone

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Are there separate version of rolling stone around the world? Are they not on the American verison? Anyone bought this yet?
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

my father recieves it and says they are like a 3rd of the whole magazine! and it says a whole bunch of crap about how they are the most improvisational or experimental groups in history or something like that and how they are retarded for not being able to agree to reunite with such great talent. but my father is not a great source so don't take my word. ill have to ask him for it one of these days
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Think I'll look at my friend's magazine and see if there are any rare photos or anything I want before buying...don't want to support that trash if I don't have to....

(the magazine, not my friend, hah)
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

In NZ we are sold the Australian version, although the cover story remains pretty much the same. I almost never read it, but picked one up at the library a while ago that had a list of the 100 greatest moments in rock and roll, or some such similar boring thing. Several of the highlights were specific to Oz and would hardly have appeared in the original American version. I doubt whether many Americans, English, etc would rate the original Big Day Out Festival as being a great moment in rock and roll history :shock: :roll: :?
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

There's a German Rolling Stone as well but the latest issue doesn't contain the PF Story. So I'm gonna go to Cologne Central Station on tuesday (when the new US issue arrives) and have a look at the american Rolling Stone.
xdreduardx
Embryo
Embryo

I've read it

Post by xdreduardx »

I got it, read it.

It's actually a very good read, but nothing new for any of you fans.

A very interesting conjecture there - Syd was never diagnosed nor treated with schizophrenia drugs.

So there you go - the last three covers of RS are - My Chemical Romance, Fallout Boy and PF.
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

As far as the UK goes,I think we get the proper USA version but probably a week or so later.For reasons unknown,our local Tesco's stock RS and last week had the March 8th edition on display.I assume that the PF cover one will be in the racks late this week,or thereabouts.
Last edited by Neil1567/2 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: I've read it

Post by Syd'sSexy »

xdreduardx wrote:Syd was never diagnosed nor treated with schizophrenia drugs.
That's an absolute fact! Which is one of the reasons I get irritated when Roger Waters, M.D. (and others) term Syd as such. There's no doubt Syd had mental issues, but what exactly they were is a subject of conjecture and much debate.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Last interview I saw where Roger Waters mentioned it, he suggested he had the symptoms of what was collectively called schizophrenia.

Syd did spend a short amount of time in a hospital didnt he and have some treatment but left?
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Yes, but it was a voluntary admission...he was free to come and go...it's not like he was committed to an insane asylum or anything...
bmet
Knife
Knife

Post by bmet »

As of today,March 26th,the current issue of RS is the South Park Cover dated March 22nd.The back order section does not show the Floyd cover.(The first item is the South Park Issue)
As the magazine goes to press every two weeks,the next issue would be dated April 5th - which would probably be the Floyd Cover.
Now,Does the April 5th cover come out the week of March 26th? :?
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Well at least RS might be putting an end to some of the untruthfulness about Syd's condition.

Are there any cool unseen pictures?
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Keith Jordan wrote:Are there separate version of rolling stone around the world? Are they not on the American verison? Anyone bought this yet?
I know for sure there is an Aussie version, but you can still find the US version in some newsagents. If there's an Aussie version, there'd have to be lots of different world releases!
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Syd'sSexy wrote:Yes, but it was a voluntary admission...he was free to come and go...it's not like he was committed to an insane asylum or anything...
Sorry to go OT, but very few "schizophrenics" are or need to be.
DBlaze
Knife
Knife

Re: I've read it

Post by DBlaze »

xdreduardx wrote:I got it, read it.

It's actually a very good read, but nothing new for any of you fans
yeah that pretty much sums it up. there are a few pics, i think, that i never saw before, but then again, im still fairly new to this whole Pink Floyd thing...