why did pf fell apart

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
nightmare
Blade
Blade

why did pf fell apart

Post by nightmare »

so? why did they break apart? because of money or hate or lack of ambition ...
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

That's not a simple question to answer, there are a variety of theories on that. It started with the overwhelming success of DSOTM I'm sure, for after the Floyd hit gold with that one ya know most of their ambitions were fulfilled. After that the group gradually were less and less of a group when they made albums. Roger Waters became an egomaniac, allegedly at least, and his clashes with Gilmour would eventually mean a break-up.
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

Egos, Egos, Egos :?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I see it like this...

Roger: Look at this lot. Here I am, doing all the work because they don't want to pull their own weight. I might as well be making solo albums...hmmm...NOT a bad idea, that.

Dave: Man, Roger's really starting to tick me off. He was on a roll there for a bit, but now he's just really getting obsessed with this war thing. I would write some stuff myself, but I'm so busy streamlining his ideas that I just don't have time to write something of my own...I wonder if there's a lemon merangue in this bag.

Rick: .............................Oh...is it time to do something?

Nick: :D (Just glad his part is to hit stuff...and that he still gets to do that.)

Yes...I'm being slightly facetious.

Slightly.
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

mosespa wrote:Yes...I'm being slightly facetious.

Slightly.
:shock: That is all I have to say.
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

Ha ha...That was a good post!
But, you can even see the rows between them before DSOTM came out....In Pompeii, they're fighting, lol, and the interviewer asks Dave about fighting....I guess they wern't as "durable" as Dave said a few years down the road...And, the part were Nick says "we're in danger of becoming relics of the past"...its kind of foreshadowing summin, I don't know, I've always thought that whole interview part was weird how it foreshadowed the future, they seemed to portray that they've been fighting a lot before DSOTM. And, its very, very evident when Roger is talking to Dave in the studio about altering turn controls, andRoger looks rather fed up. It goes on, watch it and see where you can see some evidence that things were not right.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

RogerWatersGirl wrote:Ha ha...That was a good post!
But, you can even see the rows between them before DSOTM came out....In Pompeii, they're fighting, lol, and the interviewer asks Dave about fighting....I guess they wern't as "durable" as Dave said a few years down the road...And, the part were Nick says "we're in danger of becoming relics of the past"...its kind of foreshadowing summin, I don't know, I've always thought that whole interview part was weird how it foreshadowed the future, they seemed to portray that they've been fighting a lot before DSOTM. And, its very, very evident when Roger is talking to Dave in the studio about altering turn controls, andRoger looks rather fed up. It goes on, watch it and see where you can see some evidence that things were not right.
DSOTM was already ready when Pompei was made they acted those recordings. It wasnt real.

...or thats what I heard.
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

Stupidus wrote:
DSOTM was already ready when Pompei was made they acted those recordings. It wasnt real.

...or thats what I heard.
That's what David told Record Collector (April/May issue)