"The Last Mimzy" Movie

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

"The Last Mimzy" Movie

Post by mhspiper »

So I went and saw "The Last Mimzy" in theaters today. And I have to tell you, I really enjoyed it. The initial reason I went was "Hello (I Love You)," and it was a really enjoyable movie (and a character wore a DSOTM t-shirt). The coolest thing though was when, at the end of the movie, the credits started rolling. Pretty quickly, everybody (except for me) shuffled out of the theater. I was left with an empty theater, a giant screen, and Roger Waters. So, naturally, I sang along. Lots of fun! Anybody else see it yet?
bluewaters
Blade
Blade

Post by bluewaters »

I have not seen it yet, but I do plan on going. A friend of mine saw it and said it was pretty good.
DBlaze
Knife
Knife

Post by DBlaze »

bluewaters wrote:I have not seen it yet, but I do plan on going. A friend of mine saw it and said it was pretty good.
Same here.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

I just saw it. It's amazing, even without the Rog.

Aside from the closing credits, the studio version of Hello only appears once; when Noel's enhanced hearing picks up the song playing on his mom's iPod on the other side of the beach. An orchestral instrumental of the song appears a lot through the movie (in fact, it's the only song).

If Rog ever plays Hello live, I hope he uses the neat CGI imagery under the closing credits as the backdrop film.
sabrinak
Embryo
Embryo

Re: "The Last Mimzy" Movie

Post by sabrinak »

mhspiper wrote:So I went and saw "The Last Mimzy" in theaters today. And I have to tell you, I really enjoyed it. The initial reason I went was "Hello (I Love You)," and it was a really enjoyable movie (and a character wore a DSOTM t-shirt). The coolest thing though was when, at the end of the movie, the credits started rolling. Pretty quickly, everybody (except for me) shuffled out of the theater. I was left with an empty theater, a giant screen, and Roger Waters. So, naturally, I sang along. Lots of fun! Anybody else see it yet?

I did see it last satuday as you said the reason I went was because I wanted to hear Roger sing although the movie was very enjoyable it remainded me of "ET" in a way. As the credits started rolling Rogers voice was heard and it sounded so powerfull and beatifull there were at least 10 of us listening to the song. I recommend it to everyone to go and see it you wont be dissapointed. :lol: