Roger Waters - Live Earth Concert - 7th July 2007

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roger Waters - Live Earth Concert - 7th July 2007

Post by Keith Jordan »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i ... hind-gore/

Roger Waters, Duran Duran and Korn have been added to the lineup for Live Earth, Al Gore’s seven-city, twenty-four-hour concert for the environment. But organizers hit a snag when the National Park Service denied them a permit to hold the U.S. portion of the July 7th show on the Mall in Washington, D.C. Undeterred, Gore called Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Republican Sen. Olympia Snowe, who introduced a resolution allowing the concert to be held on the west lawn of the Capitol, where the presidential inauguration, annual July 4th concerts and the 1990 Earth Day event have all been held.

“We’re cautiously optimistic that with the bipartisan support this resolution has, this concert will be available for free on the west grounds of the Capitol,” says Live Earth organizer Chad Griffin. I

n blocking the permit, the Park Service cited prior applications to use the space and concerns that organizers would not be able to supply enough portable toilets for the event. But officials at the Park Service — a division of the Interior Department, headed by Bush appointee Dirk Kempthorne — declined to specify what organization had reserved the Mall, leading to speculation the denial was politically motivated.

“Our decision was based strictly on prior applications,” insists Stephen Lorenzetti, acting superintendent of the National Mall and Memorial Parks. The beat goes on: Rihanna, Corinne Bailey Rae and Joss Stone have also confirmed they will play alongside previously announced headliners Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Police and Kanye West.
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

So no reunion of 4-men Floyd for Live Earth.
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

It's still early. Having Roger signed up helps.
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

Very exciting! Maybe the other will join in... (please!)
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

I think Nick could very well join in. I wonder how long Roger's set will be?
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Interesting. I'm glad that Roger is supporting the cause. I am sick of those deluded conspiracists who believe that Global Warming is a myth, and would have happened even if we didn't totally pollute the atmosphere. Obviously it would have happened, but not at the exceedingly fast rate that it is going at as a result of our damage!
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

Al Gore is a basket case hypocrite. He wants to stop GLOBAL WARMING yet has FOUR MANSIONS across the US, shuttles place to place in lear jets and limousines which all suck up more gas and was the same dude who was an advocate for censorship.

Greg Lake said it all and I quote "WE NEVER LEARN AND EVEN DESERTS BURN AND ALL POLITICIANS LIE" end quote.

I still detest Gore who is the same a**wipe who, along with his nutball wife, was responsible for starting the PMRC whom attacked bands like Pink Floyd, Rush, Queen, Styx, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, The Moody Blues, Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull and The Who among others.

Gore is, to paraphrase a song title from Styx, "MR ROBOTO". The dude is like a robot, a insensitive and monotonous loser!

Domo arigato Mr Goreboto, mucho sized hypocrite
Domo Arigato Mr Goreboto, GLOBAL WARMING IS BULLSH*T!
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

Roger Waters for FREE???? in DC?
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

A free Rog concert in DC?

Wow. I guess I'm going to see him this year after all. Thank you, Rog.

I wonder if Rog won't add any environmentally themed songs to his setlist. It'd be wild to hear Breathe (from The Body, not DSotM), Grantchester Meadows, or maybe something like Four Minutes or Amused To Death.

If it's a free, venue-less concert in DC, I might be able to bring along my lovely new recording gear and not even worry about detection. Granted, being a free show, plenty of people with even better gear will also come and make my source useless, but... yeah.

A free DC show, a full pro-shot 1987 concert leaking, Rick potentially working on something, a mysterious box set, a Rog tour, and more to come... '07 is going to be a good year for the Floyd.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Roger Waters - Live Earth Concert - 7th July 2007

Post by MadJedi »

Keith Jordan wrote: a division of the Interior Department, headed by Bush appointee Dirk Kempthorne declined to specify what organization had reserved the Mall, leading to speculation the denial was politically motivated. .
what a miserable attempt to take a shot at Bush that is... dumb fuck doesnt even do research before he runs his mouth off. shows his true ignorance.
this is why they cant let them have it at the mall:
http://www.smoke-in.org/events.html
now you see why its not too talked about... :lol:
i go to this EVERY YEAR for the last 15 years....
it happens every year for like 35 years... look how many people attend, do you think it would be ready for something major like this concert?
Darkest Side
Axe
Axe

Post by Darkest Side »

PublicImage wrote:Interesting. I'm glad that Roger is supporting the cause. I am sick of those deluded conspiracists who believe that Global Warming is a myth, and would have happened even if we didn't totally pollute the atmosphere. Obviously it would have happened, but not at the exceedingly fast rate that it is going at as a result of our damage!
Interesting. "Deluded Conspiracists"???? I don't know about that... We were just waiting for some hard evidence. You don't want to base your opinion on sketchy details, do you?

We have sped up the inevitable process of global warming; but what are we going to do, plant a few trees and save the world for few thousand more years?

I know I'm being cynical, but we just have to roll with climate change now.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

But my political and scientific beliefs will never keep me from going to see Roger.
chuckmein
Axe
Axe

Post by chuckmein »

Even it only Roger attends I will be happy.

Chuck
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

ESLAFTK2112 wrote:Al Gore is a basket case hypocrite. He wants to stop GLOBAL WARMING yet has FOUR MANSIONS across the US, shuttles place to place in lear jets and limousines which all suck up more gas and was the same dude who was an advocate for censorship.
Much like any rock star, in that case.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Darkest Side wrote:We have sped up the inevitable process of global warming; but what are we going to do, plant a few trees and save the world for few thousand more years?

I know I'm being cynical, but we just have to roll with climate change now.
Absolutely. The majority of the damage has already been done. All we could ever hope for at this point is to merely slow the process.