Roger Waters - Live Earth Concert - 7th July 2007

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Syd'sSexy wrote:Absolutely. The majority of the damage has already been done. All we could ever hope for at this point is to merely slow the process.
There is no hope, because humans are too self-destructive to slow it down. It is too hard to get off a bad habit.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Boy, you're a ray of sunshine in the morning, PI! :wink:
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

I'm glad it's happening like it is (I hope Rog plays a unique set), but I think it would be even cooler to have all four of them play the first ever concert in Antarctca.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Antarctica would be different, but who in the hell would go? :?
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Syd'sSexy wrote:Boy, you're a ray of sunshine in the morning, PI! :wink:
I'm just being realistic!
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

I would go to Antarctica (probably not, actually, but I'd watch it on TV)
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

ESLAFTK2112 wrote:Al Gore is a basket case hypocrite. He wants to stop GLOBAL WARMING yet has FOUR MANSIONS across the US, shuttles place to place in lear jets and limousines which all suck up more gas and was the same dude who was an advocate for censorship.

Greg Lake said it all and I quote "WE NEVER LEARN AND EVEN DESERTS BURN AND ALL POLITICIANS LIE" end quote.

I still detest Gore who is the same a**wipe who, along with his nutball wife, was responsible for starting the PMRC whom attacked bands like Pink Floyd, Rush, Queen, Styx, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, The Moody Blues, Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull and The Who among others.

Gore is, to paraphrase a song title from Styx, "MR ROBOTO". The dude is like a robot, a insensitive and monotonous loser!

Domo arigato Mr Goreboto, mucho sized hypocrite
Domo Arigato Mr Goreboto, GLOBAL WARMING IS BULLSH*T!
I cannot stress enough how true this is. Not only is Gore ugly, boring, and constantly needing to be a center of attention, he is such a filthy hypocrite it disgusts me. Not only has he made no personal sacrifices to help the environment, he, and his chums who invented the internet (which consumes massive amounts of pollution-generation energy every second, by the way) were bitching about global COOLING 30 years ago. Coupled with the fact that there IS NO MORE INDUSTRY in the United States to pollute, and countries like Egypt, India and the U.A.E. have more cars than the United States, it seems that blaming the US for global warming (as Gore loves to do) is an incredibly stupid waste of time and precious energy. Also, seeing as how there has been a slight warming trend over the past 30 years, it has doubled our life expectancy and quadrupled the US crop yields. Oh well, guess it's all bad, aint it? Not to mention that we only have about 60 years of reliable weather data, most of it collected around cities which are HEAT SINKS. If you go by the "data", you will notice that in the 1500s, and for every 500 years back, there have been reports of sudden massive drops in temperature; miniature Ice-Ages, and we are schedueled for one in about 10 years. Simply put, global temperature cycles have everything to do with the Sun (try to interfere with that), and nothing to do with how many CFCs, CO2, or anything else we put in the atmosphere. Now, all that pollution being made in "developing nations" (3rd world ass backwards countries) cant be good for the biosphere, but unless you wanna give up cheap prices on everything, and stop using electricity, waste products will be generated to support our lifestyles.

On another note, I live in DC, and a free Waters gig, Al Whore or no, will be a great distraction.
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

And everyone walks or rides his bicycle to the concert, no one travels by plane to attend it and and the event will take place in bright daylight so no further energy will be wasted on light shows. Ha ha charade you are!
:twisted: :twisted:
danney
Embryo
Embryo

Post by danney »

I think that this can very well turn into a Pink Floyd reunion. After all, it's Roger who has said in a couple of interviews that he would love to reunite the band for this event.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

It all depends on how important David perceives this event to be. If he comes on board, so to will Rick. Is it going to be the 2007 equivalent of Live 8 though? That's the benchmark
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

nemesis11f wrote:Not only is Gore ugly
What does ugliness have to do with anything, may I ask?
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

nemesis11f wrote:On another note, I live in DC, and a free Waters gig, Al Whore or no, will be a great distraction.
:lol:

Hey nemesis, where are you from? I grew up in Potomac...went to many a concert on the mall for Fourth of July...
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

snifferdog wrote:It all depends on how important David perceives this event to be. If he comes on board, so to will Rick. Is it going to be the 2007 equivalent of Live 8 though? That's the benchmark
It could well be the equivalent of Live8 in that everyone will rock to the music and not know or care what the supposed cause is all about. And what difference will it make anyway? What difference did Live8 make on a global/political scale? At least Live Aid had a clear purpose of raising $$$ to help famine striken people (very laudible too; I am all in favour of that). The only reason most people give a toss about Live8 two years on is that it reunited Pink Floyd.
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

PublicImage wrote:
ESLAFTK2112 wrote:Al Gore is a basket case hypocrite. He wants to stop GLOBAL WARMING yet has FOUR MANSIONS across the US, shuttles place to place in lear jets and limousines which all suck up more gas and was the same dude who was an advocate for censorship.
Much like any rock star, in that case.
Al Gore I just detest!
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

I live in the States, so I can say this. He's a fucking moron. Pardon my English...