Pig Landings

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Pig Landings

Post by Tenniru »

Last night I had an odd dream. Roger Waters was playing a multi-night set at the 9:30 Club in DC, and I saw him on the first and last nights. (It featured such oddities as a Radio KAOS setlist, an upbeat version of Is There Anybody Out There, and DEVO's mascot Booji Boy.)
Both nights, he launched a pig which disappeared mysteriously (it was an indoors venue of course). At the end of the second night (after the shouting of various crazy song requests), I looked up at the ventilation shafts and realized that they were full of pigs.
I tried to obtain one for myself, and would have if I didn't wake up first. Damn.

This inspired a question. At the outdoor dates on Rog's tour when he freed a pig out into the sky, what happened to those airborne swine? Did anyone find them when they touched the ground? Did they hit an airplane? Are there mangled pig carcasses impaled upon a radio tower somewhere?
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

I HAD THE SAME DREAM!!!!!!! :D

No, not really. But I was at a Roger concert in my dream. But as for your question, I think that they ended up being recovered, though I could very well be wrong.
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Post by tea-set »

last night i dreamt i was playing chess in a sandy courtyard with a smoking hot woman..

...and i have the pigs in my barn.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Last night, I dreamt that I was involved in a theatrical production and one of my co-star's car had been towed. I was parked near him and began to worry about my own car.

Fortunately, Jimmy Carter showed up and made everything okay.

I've had dreams about Roger Waters shows before...often, I'm in the audience waiting for the show to start, and Roger will walk onto the stage, see me and motion for me to come over and help him work out some technical issue that he has going on.

Once it's sorted out, he usually asks me if I'd be interested in playing guitar for the show.

I relate this to the fact that Roger has stated that he's been having difficulty with the "Broadway" version of The Wall...and I think I have all the answers for him.

Sadly, I've no way to tell him...and it looks like he's lost the majority of his backing for the show since Miramax has pulled out.

*sigh*

*shrug*
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

I don't remember where I heard this, and it might not even work, but I think I heard the pigs may be radio-controlled and thus could be flown back to where they came from....
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

Freddie Mercury wrote:I don't remember where I heard this, and it might not even work, but I think I heard the pigs may be radio-controlled and thus could be flown back to where they came from....
riiiiiight. That's why they are held onto by a guy dressed like a butcher until they are released.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Oh yeah :)
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

Freddie Mercury wrote:I don't remember where I heard this, and it might not even work, but I think I heard the pigs may be radio-controlled and thus could be flown back to where they came from....
when i saw him, i saw a helicopter fly by minutes after the pig was was released and i thought maybe it was going to track it down. he IS fucking Roger Waters but i still don't think that gives him the right to litter and possibly harm the enviornment. so has anyone studied various pictures of the pig to see if they are in fact all different pigs? or possibly a few different pigs to be recycled through out the tour?
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

peesea wrote:
riiiiiight. That's why they are held onto by a guy dressed like a butcher until they are released.
since the start of the US-leg of the tour in 2006 the pig is indeed radio controlled.

Picture: http://ian-ritchie.com/2007south/pig1.htm
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

The inflation valve is likely radio controlled. So all they have to do is let out half the helium and it comes down gently outside the venue. Track it with a radio transponder and they have it safely put away 10 minutes after it flys off.
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

fatoldbob wrote:The inflation valve is likely radio controlled. So all they have to do is let out half the helium and it comes down gently outside the venue. Track it with a radio transponder and they have it safely put away 10 minutes after it flys off.
sounds like a good possibility, although i was eyeing that pig for a pretty long time and it made quite a journey. i wonder how you get the job to be one of the guys to track down the pig. sounds almost fun, or maybe not....

Roger: did you find the pig yet?

Carl: nah sorry Roger, i'm still looking....

Roger: damnit Carl! George W. Bush could find that pig faster than you!

Carl: but you're Roger Waters, can't you just make anot..(phone hangs up abruptly)
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Yeah at the Hollywood Bowl show it went REALLY far away, but I'm not sure how far radio-controlled things like that transmit. Also if it was coming back down too close to the venue people would see it, so they'd have to have some sort of station set up further away for it go to.

But if the pigs were just falling randomly, you'd think there would be a newspaper article by now or something of someone finding a pig in their backyard (sort of like the article about the pilots who saw the escaped pig in '77), or a pig would be up on E-bay...this actually is quite a mystery come to think of it :)

(And no...there are currently no deflated pigs on E-bay ;)