Madcaps Last Laugh at The Barbican 10 May 2007

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Captain Sensible is there! Good.
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

WHY AM I AN AMERICAN!?!?!?? I can't believe I missed that! :'( So what did the whole thing end up being like, for the lucky buggers who got to be there? Who played what, what films did you get, etc.?
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Word is that it is being professionally filmed. I'll bet we get some juicy details in about an hour or so once the attendees have returned home. I have decided unilaterally that I am moving to the UK someday.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

As Tony Blair said today, it is the greatest nation in the world.

But you cannot move here, as you do not speak our language.
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

I think I'll move too Syd'sSexy. Are you going to London or Cambridge? And I can't wait to hear the rest of the details. Maybe somebody can upload sound or something (I don't care if it's lossy or not) on RapidShare. I don't know how long I can wait to see or hear this...
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

PublicImage wrote:As Tony Blair said today, it is the greatest nation in the world.

But you cannot move here, as you do not speak our language.
Roger, I'm going to kick your ass. :lol: :twisted:
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Syd'sSexy wrote:Roger, I'm going to kick your ass. :lol: :twisted:
If you didn't tell me that, the chances of it actually happening would be quite higher. Thank you for the warning! I shall be alert at all times at the Neptune Pink Floyd "festival".
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

mhspiper wrote:I think I'll move too Syd'sSexy. Are you going to London or Cambridge? And I can't wait to hear the rest of the details. Maybe somebody can upload sound or something (I don't care if it's lossy or not) on RapidShare. I don't know how long I can wait to see or hear this...
Let's go, mhspiper. Maybe we can get a volume discount on the cost of moving! :P I was actually thinking of being closer to Manchester. If we were too close to London, I'm sure Roger would have the British INS hunt us down and have us deported back to the States. We must avoid him. :lol:
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

PublicImage wrote:
Syd'sSexy wrote:Roger, I'm going to kick your ass. :lol: :twisted:
If you didn't tell me that, the chances of it actually happening would be quite higher. Thank you for the warning! I shall be alert at all times at the Neptune Pink Floyd "festival".
You best have the eyes on the back of your head working properly! :lol: :wink:
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

So how long do you think it'll be until we get a full report of the going-ons? What do you wanna bet they saw video we've NEVER seen? (I pray that they found the TOTP "See Emily Play" video)
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Syd'sSexy wrote:You best have the eyes on the back of your head working properly! :lol: :wink:
I'll just sit down.
Syd'sSexy wrote:Let's go, mhspiper. Maybe we can get a volume discount on the cost of moving! :P I was actually thinking of being closer to Manchester. If we were too close to London, I'm sure Roger would have the British INS hunt us down and have us deported back to the States. We must avoid him. :lol:
I do not care who is in London, as I am nowhere near it! It is full of weird taxi drivers whose accents are impossible to understand.

Unless you mean Roger Walters.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

mhspiper wrote:So how long do you think it'll be until we get a full report of the going-ons? What do you wanna bet they saw video we've NEVER seen? (I pray that they found the TOTP "See Emily Play" video)
Could be! I figure it will be at least 7:00 ET before we hear anything more. I'm peeled to the screen on both forums waiting for news!

Roger, I had no inkling as to where you live, and England is a large country. Perhaps I will consider London if you don't live anywhere near there. :twisted:
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

I've got a report from azza200 that Arnold Layne has been performed by David, Rick, and Nick (but Roger sat out). I hope it isn't true... Not the part about them playing it, but the part about Roger sitting out.

And it looks like I hit my 500th post tonight! I'm a hammer!!! :)
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

And now I hear that everyone but Rog sang "Bike" at the end (on the pinkfloydz.com forum). I guess it's over then. Can't wait to hear more about it!
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Well, I guess that makes sense, though, if Roger played a solo. Keep me posted, and congratulations on your status change!