What Roger should do next....

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

1) Get a writing partner who can do the music for him, while he adds lyrics;

2) Finish his new album;

3) Tour the album and play lots of his other solo stuff live
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Issue the Flickering Flame Solo Years Vol. 2

Issue the Flickering Flame Pink Floyd Years in however many volumes he wants (maybe a box set of Floyd demos that HE alone created)

Wall Live dvd.

A live disc for every solo tour (because they were ALL recorded).

Special edition Wall album as mentioned earlier (outside vinyl limitations).

THE EDIT: Record a new album already :roll: geez.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

1. Get a vocal chord transplant, or better yet, travel back to 1983 and come back as a younger Roger who can sing.

2. A live dvd from the 1984 and 1987 tours.

3. Also, 2 Wall live dvd's: the more commonly circulated footage from August 1980 and the extremely rare (but excellent quality) footage from June 1981 (which has never been circulated in it's entirety but can be seen in clips on the "building the wall" program)

4. Reunite Pink Floyd, kick dave out, and start the final cut 2 "this is the last cut we promise"

:lol:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

PublicImage wrote:
Syd'sSexy wrote:It's also what broke him. :wink:
Age is what broke him.
i can´t see why you think something broke him. Looks like a very happy guy to me
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

Go into the studio with John Carin and John Mayer and write a new album.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Yucateco wrote:i can´t see why you think something broke him. Looks like a very happy guy to me
Ok, it broke his singing ability and creative talent.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

some new music wouldn't go amiss - apart from a few whingy singles there has been now new music for 15 years
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Apart from a few whingy singles and an opera, you mean?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

It took all of those 15 years for that opera to be written, didn't it? And from what I understand, much of it is simply restatements of musical themes from Pink Floyd songs.

So...did it really take 15 years for him to write that opera? Couldn't he have released another album or two?

I don't think it's age that broke him...I think it was a kind of laziness.

Mind you, I'm sure he felt that he was working his arse off.
Jujufloyd
Axe
Axe

Post by Jujufloyd »

mosespa wrote: It took all of those 15 years for that opera to be written, didn't it? And from what I understand, much of it is simply restatements of musical themes from Pink Floyd songs.
??

This is absolutely wrong !
There's maybe one single song (My Dear Cousin Bourbon of Spain) which could sounds like the Every Stranger's Eyes melody.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

PublicImage wrote:
Yucateco wrote:i can´t see why you think something broke him. Looks like a very happy guy to me
Ok, it broke his singing ability and creative talent.
Do we really know that? We haven't heard any new "normal" Rog songs since 1992, but what has come out:

-Each Small Candle
-Flickering Flame
-Leaving Beirut
-Hello (I Love You)

To Kill The Child, Woman, and Knockin' On Heavens Door don't count because they're a B-Side, unreleased jam, and cover respectively and aren't serious songs like the other four.

These four "recent" songs have been really well received, and I myself listen to them more than a lot of the Floyd or Pros+Cons/KAOS stuff. Even Woman is pretty good. I have no reason to believe that Rog's album won't kick serious amounts of ass and blow a few Floyd albums clear out of the water.

Fun fact: I listen to Each Small Candle much more than anything from the Floyd's late 70s work these days.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Was "To Kill The Child" classed as the B side of "Leaving Beirut" - they were both download tracks
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

For any UK'ers who might be interested, the following was posted on the Brain Damage web site today...

"Those who despaired when tickets for Roger's 2007 UK shows sold out months ago, will be pleased to hear that http://www.livenation.co.uk have released a limited number of additional tickets for the Manchester MEN Arena show on May 7th, and the Birmingham NEC show on May 8th."
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

drafsack wrote:Was "To Kill The Child" classed as the B side of "Leaving Beirut" - they were both download tracks
I could've sworn I once saw some promo single that showed To Kill as the B-Side, but I might be imagining things. I usually think of it as the "least important one" since Leaving Beirut is being played live instead.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Tenniru wrote:
drafsack wrote:Was "To Kill The Child" classed as the B side of "Leaving Beirut" - they were both download tracks
I could've sworn I once saw some promo single that showed To Kill as the B-Side, but I might be imagining things. I usually think of it as the "least important one" since Leaving Beirut is being played live instead.
hehe i never thought that i would here Leaving Beirut live on day. and what a great song it became!