What Roger should do next....

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I just heard Leaving Beiruit last night for the first time.

It's a better song than I had expected...but then again, I wasn't expecting much.

I think what Roger should do next is realize that what he really needs to finish his current project(s) is the input of Gilmour and Wright and that Mason should play the drums.*

What he's working on right now should be the next Pink Floyd album and Gilmour should realize that as well and get off his fucking high horse about things.

Gilmour may be a member of the MBE, but he's also a pop star who only got where he did because of his collaboration with Roger and the other guys in Pink Floyd.

AMLOR and TDB only sold any quantities at all because of the twenty year history behind the name Pink Floyd.

Had either of them been the first album by any other artist, they would probably be remembered about as well as The Far Corporation.

*I don't do this to denigrate Mr. Mason, but last night, I also saw a hilarious interview that Roger did in which he expresses a certain bemusment at how often Nick uses the word "we" in his book...when, the way Roger remembers it, there wasn't any "we" doing certain things.
Demolition Man
Knife
Knife

Post by Demolition Man »

Tenniru wrote:
drafsack wrote:Was "To Kill The Child" classed as the B side of "Leaving Beirut" - they were both download tracks
I could've sworn I once saw some promo single that showed To Kill as the B-Side, but I might be imagining things. I usually think of it as the "least important one" since Leaving Beirut is being played live instead.
"To Kill A Child" was the A-Side of the single while "Leaving Beruit" was the B-Side. I should know as I own the Japan CD single.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Wow. I guess I was wrong about that.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Mossy you havent heard Ca Ira yet and you only just heard Leaving Beirut last night?
and I used to think you were the expert on everything Floydian!

regardless whether you count his new songs as 4 or 7, thats still close to nothing in 15 years
hes spending too much time golfing and drinking champagne with the Upper Class Twits

I think he now realises how much he needs Dave, if not Rick n Nick, the guitarplaying n Amused to Death was so conspicuously pseudoGilmourian, and the rotating lead spot on his last several tours is a glaring "tell"

take the 4 or 7 new songs, get Dave n Rick to do some trippy instrumental links, slap on a Storm cover, and theres the album the whole worlds been waiting for since 1980
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Ca Ira is the best!!

Now that mosespa has heard the song, mentioned above, he has increased his Floyd knowledge and will be an expert on that song too.

We need his views on Ca Ira, really. We've tried discussing it here, but we weren't getting imput from the mossy dude.
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

J Ed wrote: the guitarplaying n Amused to Death was so conspicuously pseudoGilmourian
Rofl. Jeff Beck is trying to sound like Gilmour? :lol:
J Ed wrote:
take the 4 or 7 new songs, get Dave n Rick to do some trippy instrumental links, slap on a Storm cover, and theres the album the whole worlds been waiting for since 1980
The morons that would satisfy deserve more AMLOR/Division Bells.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

J Ed wrote:1.Mossy you havent heard Ca Ira yet and you only just heard Leaving Beirut last night?
and I used to think you were the expert on everything Floydian!

2. take the 4 or 7 new songs, get Dave n Rick to do some trippy instrumental links, slap on a Storm cover, and theres the album the whole worlds been waiting for since 1980
1. Would it surprise you to know that I STILL don't own every PF album?

Query: Would an expert on Physics who hasn't yet heard every single theory or own every piece of equipment be any less of an expert?

I've been studying my ass off on the "book" part...I still have some "lab work" to finish :D

2. Uh...no. I wouldn't want something that slapdash. But your point is taken.
nosaj wrote:Now that mosespa has heard the song, mentioned above, he has increased his Floyd knowledge and will be an expert on that song too.

We need his views on Ca Ira, really. We've tried discussing it here, but we weren't getting imput from the mossy dude.
Two things prevent me from listening to this album. In no particular order:

1. Opera is not a musical form that interests me unless the word "Rock" is placed directly in front of it. The fact that Roger Waters is a Rock musician and this is an Opera he has composed is not enough. There are far too many words between Rock and Opera.

2. Thirty Freaking US Bucks?!?!?!? Cracka, pleeeeeeeeeze! I'll wait until I see it in the bargain bin.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

He first has to complete Heartland and the other solo album, then tour, then... So if he does do it, he won't be taking 2008 easy ;)
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

give up miming / lip synch whatever you want to call it

i dont care what anyone says he mimed in cologne last monday on , have a cigar,sheep,something from TFC, not to sure about- time ,but it was a shocking vocal

look rog, if you aint the voice no more get another lead singer, stop ripping us off with you're pre recorded vocals
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Why is a lot of people here talking about Waters miming and lipsynching? I saw him in Budapest last week, I was in the second row, a couple of meters away and I noticed no such thing. Even the songs that sounded too good to be sung by him live were not lipsynched. I could tell that. They were always slightly different from the original in the performance. If he really does that somewhere why then pick Budapest of all places to do the real thing?