bigger stage show?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
b.king
Knife
Knife

bigger stage show?

Post by b.king »

i have great seats for the june 1st show in philly. I saw the show in september. just wondering that since the upcoming shows will be in larger venues, any word on a bigger side show. I scored some major seats and am eagerly counting away the days.
peesea
Knife
Knife

Re: bigger stage show?

Post by peesea »

b.king wrote:just wondering that since the upcoming shows will be in larger venues, any word on a bigger side show.
Yes, word has it that the sides will be coleslaw rather than wings.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

He said bigger. Coleslaw is a notable step down from wings in my book.
kardyl
Axe
Axe

Post by kardyl »

I guess if you pay the "Supersize" price you should get the larger sides, but then again you could exchange them for something else as suggested.

I know in NZ we payed a large price but only got the same sides as everyone else.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

I wanna airplane :)
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Now that I think of it again, this is a pretty interesting question. He's hitting Earl's Court, which is vast (in fact, way bigger than his "I want an intimate venue" limit, Rog). The stage, even if it was something like the full Rosklide building/stage, would be totally dwarfed by the venue. There would be empty space on the sides and above the stage; additionally, with no outward-facing lights and the possibility for really crappy angles, the whole thing would look like a joke. Rog would need a big upgrade; bigger projectors, a bigger screen, a lot more lights, and even a bigger pig.
Maybe he'll bring the Berlin Wall 1990 stuff back out of dustballs. Like the Blimp Pig, Building-Sized Schoolmaster, and Mr. Cafeteria-Sized Screen.
In fact, he could even break into Dave's hidden mountain warehouse and walk out with some lasers, more pigs, and Scott Page.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Is there a smaller part of Earl's Court as well? Is he really doing it in the big part where Division Bell was filmed?!?

(Interesting side note: Berlin '90 used the biggest Mr. Screen, with a 70mm projector instead of 35mm as used on the AMLOR tour and probably Division Bell....)
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

Tenniru wrote:In fact, he could even break into Dave's hidden mountain warehouse and walk out with some lasers, more pigs, and Scott Page.

Rofl