FOR GODS SAKE ROGER ' YOU ARE NOW "SOLO".

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

At the Dubai show, the crowd was singing along to every tune - except Set The Controls and his solo stuff. Most of them were utterly clueless to what songs were being played... Heck, some of the people were like "yes, i'm here to see Pink Floyd", heh, made me chuckle.
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Post by carefule eugene »

But he is playing all solo - material!

He always sings his own lyrics!

And when did his solo - career take a start? "The Wall" and "The Final Cut" are much more solo - albums of Waters with the others as "studiomusicians". The influence of Wright and Mason at that time were nihil.

Nevertheless, I don't care. In a couple of weeks I'm going to see for the second time the DSOTM-tour and I will enjoy every single note of the concert.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

carefule eugene wrote:But he is playing all solo - material!

His set is based upon Dark Side of the Moon and contains a fair amount from Wish you Were Here... Hardly anything you can jusify as being solo material
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Well, seeing as ol' Rog has been divorced three times, I'm sure he's shelling out plenty in alimony. Pros & Cons isn't going to pay next month's instalment...

You could apply the same argument to David when he was on tour. Although he was touring On An Island, his band was suspiciously like the latter-day Pink Floyd touring band.

Bottom line is, both these guys know that they're not going to sell out venues on solo material alone.
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Post by carefule eugene »

David Smith wrote:
carefule eugene wrote:But he is playing all solo - material!

His set is based upon Dark Side of the Moon and contains a fair amount from Wish you Were Here... Hardly anything you can jusify as being solo material
I know that's thrue, but what I did want to say: for every singer-songwriter it feels as your own song when you did have a great part in the tune. It's like saying to McCartney he can't play songs cowritten with Lennon. For Macca it will also be always his own tunes.