2007 tour - Why must it be DSOTM again ?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

I really would love some setlist diversity. Heck, Rog doesn't even need to play old songs. What'd be cool is if he played a diffirent famous classic Floyd album for the second set, changing every once and a while. For instance:

1. DSotM Configuration (Now)

2. Wish You Were Here
-Replace WYWH, HAC, Shine On with Time, Money, plus ABITW II and add Brain Damage/Eclipse as encore

3. Animals
-Replace Sheep with Time and Money, add BD/E as encore

4. The Final Cut
-Replace Fletcher, Gunner slot, Southampton with Time, Money, ABITW II - add BD/E as encore

And on April Fools' Day,

5. A Momentary Lapse Of Reason
-The first set is just the band putting on a stage production of The Monkees' "Head". The encores are Several Species, Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast, and Merry Xmas Song.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

fatoldbob wrote:The PULSE DSoM was considerably better than the Waters version I saw.
I wouldn't agree. It's only the airplane that's really missing from Waters' version, but there are a lot of new things there instead and it's so well coordinated with the screen that most of the time it looks like you're really watching a movie. The Pink Floyd 1994 version looks like just rolling semi-related images over the music. New version of On The Run especially is a whole new experience, and the growing image of the Moon in between the sets builds such a suspense Floyd were never able to create. Waters' new Dark Side act has a lot more soul in it.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Yeah though PF's On The Run film from '87 is one of my favorite short films, Roger's animated version was very intense at the Hollywood Bowl. We unfortunately didn't have time to even get any beer or anything before the show, but still I was hypnotized on the animation during that segment and the surround-sound totally made it, with the sound of cars and trains going by.

He could still add an airplane at the end though :) And is it me or does the airplane on the Division Bell performance not make any sense at all with that film?!? The flying bed on the AMLOR tour was cool because then it seemed like the bed that lifted off in the movie was the same one flying into the stadium....
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

In answer to the original question .... cos it's sold about 70,0000,0000,000,000,000,000,000 MILLION copies .... approximately
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

wiped wrote:In answer to the original question .... cos it's sold about 70,0000,0000,000,000,000,000,000 MILLION copies .... approximately
lol! i love the approximation. and it still amazes me why so many of the people who own those copies completely ignore so many of pink floyd's other albums.
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

wiped wrote:In answer to the original question .... cos it's sold about 70,0000,0000,000,000,000,000,000 MILLION copies .... approximately
I have told you 1 million times - do not exagerate! :wink:
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

I think he really ought to do "The Final Cut" show that Tenniru mentioned. It's quite relative now, in this day and age. Especially "Two Suns In The Sunset." I don't get why Roger hasn't ever played that song live. It's pure genius.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

And why not do one of his solo albums in entirety? There's a lot of people who would like hearing him do some more of his own material. There's a lot of good songs in there but only Perfect Sense is a concert regular.
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Post by carefule eugene »

Hudini wrote:And why not do one of his solo albums in entirety? There's a lot of people who would like hearing him do some more of his own material. There's a lot of good songs in there but only Perfect Sense is a concert regular.
yeah, I really want to hear the complete "Amused To Death" - album. A lot of the songs of that album he never played live.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Well, I actualy wouldn't like to hear Late Home Tonight Parts 1 & 2 neither live nor on the album ever again :smt078 but there rest of Amused To Death would be wonderful to hear on stage.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

carefule eugene wrote:
Hudini wrote:And why not do one of his solo albums in entirety? There's a lot of people who would like hearing him do some more of his own material. There's a lot of good songs in there but only Perfect Sense is a concert regular.
yeah, I really want to hear the complete "Amused To Death" - album. A lot of the songs of that album he never played live.
i was thinking about that too, but actually he already played quite a lot of it live:

"The Ballad of Bill Hubbard" – not
"What God Wants, Part I" – played live
"Perfect Sense, Part I" – played live
"Perfect Sense, Part II" – played live
"The Bravery of Being Out of Range" – played live
"Late Home Tonight, Part I" – not
"Late Home Tonight, Part II" – not
"Too Much Rope" – 5:47 not
"What God Wants, Part II" – not (not sure at the moment?)
"What God Wants, Part III" – played live
"Watching TV" – not
"Three Wishes" – not
"It's a Miracle" – played live
"Amused to Death" – played live

i personally think Three Wishes and Watching TV would be great live, probably with some very moving footage on the screen
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

And why not Radio K.A.O.S.? I like that one too. Of course with the whole new arrangements since Waters stated he hates the old ones...
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Because Roger Waters likes Dark Side of the Moon and seemingly thinks it is the pinnacle of his work. That is why.

Oh, and because he knows that people will buy tickets to see it more-so than they would to see Amused To Death (I know I would, because I don't like Amused To Death).
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

I love Amused To Death, but I can't imagine many people paying to see him do the whole thing. Though IMHO it's a great album, it realistically didn't sell very well AND it's about 15 years old (if it's an album that did great and it's that old then it would work better).

And again I think he considers his work with PF to be pretty much his own material...so in that sense almost the whole show is his solo material.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Actualy most of the people going to Roger Waters shows have absolutely no clue on what he's done since he left Pink Floyd. They're just going to see 'something close to a Pink Floyd show'.