bmet
Knife
Knife

Origins of the Stage Set-up

Post by bmet »

I've looked at all the notable Book releases:The Schaffner book,In the
Flesh and all the Visual Docuementary issues - And yet I do not recall
reading about the origins of the Floyd's stage set-up of the "Front of
the Stage,Straight line,Guitar-Drums-Bass-Keyboards" formation.This set-up was after the Barrett departure and before the advent of the back screen and other rear effects.(so they can't be the reason!). So if I have
heard the reason,I've forgotten.So anybody out there have the answer?
:roll:

I'll be waiting in the pipeline.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I've always seen it as a standard stage set up...the drums are slightly to the back (as is standard) and the front line typically goes (from left to right) Gilmour, Waters, Wright.

It's probably something they've never thought about...just done.
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

bmet
Knife
Knife

Posting an Image

Post by bmet »

Okay so I'm dumb.How do you place an image on a reply or topic
page. I clicked on the Img button....then what do you do?
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

The Img button is nothing more than a HTML code tag.
HTML code tags work with an opening tag (in this case Img=[ img ]) and a closing tag (the button looks like Img* and it means [ /img ]) The / closes a tag; the tag command is the one inside the brackets in this case, 'img'.
You can type this commands by hand; the buttons are only there to help, because let's face it, typing HTML tags by hand is a pain.
So, just click the Img button once (or type the tag up), then type (or copy and paste) the image link -which should end in .JPG or any other acceptable image format, this should come from a website- and then click the button again to close the tag (or type the same tag with a / inside the brackets).

If you have any problems, do tell me, I keep a website, so I have to manage with ******* HTML pretty often... :evil:

(one thing does worry me, though...when you direct link a file -an image, in this case- from another website...isn't it stealing said site's bandwith???)[/img]
pfco

Post by pfco »

Tinkerbell wrote:(one thing does worry me, though...when you direct link a file -an image, in this case- from another website...isn't it stealing said site's bandwith???)
Yes it is considered theft of bandwidth. Besides that, it's very poor netiquette :(

Sandy