wizard of oz and darkside

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
white rabbit
Hammer
Hammer

wizard of oz and darkside

Post by white rabbit »

okay, help me out here. i've heard that you start DSOTM after the third roar of the mgm lion, and i've also heard that it's the third roar of the cowardly lion. and i've also heard that neither of them work, but i've also heard it's really hard to do because it has to be exact. so if there's anyone who KNOWS what they're talking about (like anyone who's done it before), help me out, man.
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

It depends on what editions you have of the album and the movie. The newer editions need to be started up at different times because of some extra seconds of footage/remastering. I don't remember the precise info, but I recall there's a "Synchronicities" page at http://www.pinkfloydfan.net, look there to find what you seek. Personally I haven't been able to make them synch "perfectly", I have the '94 remastered DSOTM and the '89 edition of Oz. One thing tho I have never heard of the cowardly lion's roars having any importance with synching up, so don't worry about that. It's the MGM lion.
wgmw
Axe
Axe

Post by wgmw »

Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

You can go to http://www.synchronicityarkive.com. I?ve been studying this synch for almos two years now. hell! that?s how i finally Pink Floyd got into my life. Im a pretty big fan of the synch and I can tell you that the best way to enjoy it is just after the third roar of the mgm lion, just when the screen fades to black press play and just lay back and behold! don?t forget to press the "repeat all" function so that the disc stars all over again on its own

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have Oz on VCD with dsotm album overdubbed. It syncs up fantastically and, if it is a coincidence, it is a great coincidence because it seems to tell the same story. Very odd. Technically possible also. All you need is a stop watch, a metronome and to write a script to time. Not difficult for even an average musician. :roll: :lol:
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

Keith Jordan wrote:I have Oz on VCD with dsotm album overdubbed. It syncs up fantastically and, if it is a coincidence, it is a great coincidence because it seems to tell the same story. Very odd. Technically possible also. All you need is a stop watch, a metronome and to write a script to time. Not difficult for even an average musician. :roll: :lol:

Agree
white rabbit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by white rabbit »

kieth, man, the only flaw in your remark there is that the wizard of oz and darkside WERE NOT WRITTEN IN TIME TO EACH OTHER. they were completely seperate. that's why it's so amazing. it would be almost impossible to synch stuff like that up.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

dove wrote:kieth, man, the only flaw in your remark there is that the wizard of oz and darkside WERE NOT WRITTEN IN TIME TO EACH OTHER. they were completely seperate. that's why it's so amazing. it would be almost impossible to synch stuff like that up.
Significant events (like the beginning of money and the film turning to colour etc.) seem to be in time or synchronised with each other! It would not be impossible. say, 4min 30 secs between 2 significant events, find in minues, look at beats per minute and write the song around that frame. I am not sure i know what you mean.