New Roger Waters Book

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

New Roger Waters Book

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

Hi. A friend of mine went to the local bookstore and ordered Nick Mason's Inside Out in Hardcover. Whilst he was there the assistant informed him that there will be a book out soon by Roger Waters giving his take on the history of Pink Floyd right from their beginnings until present day. She told our friend it will be available "soon". It will be going for about $100 AUD, and will be hardcover with hopefully some pics we have never seen before. Has anyone heard about this book yet and if so, is it available overseas. Australia tends to get things after the rest of the world has already got them sometimes. Cheers.
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

Well that sounds pretty awesome!!! I was just thinking last night of how each member ought to tell their story. I hope your source is correct!
WishIwasthere
Hammer
Hammer

Post by WishIwasthere »

I'd want a copy of this. It would be interesting to read a book by each of the guys and t see how each ones views and memories conflict with the others. Ideally all would be fairly consistent.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

I think it will be funny when and if all the members (except for Syd..sadly...though that would be the MOST interesting) finally tell their side of the story because then we can all sit back and STILL say "Well, what REALLY happened dammit?"

Last edited by Vlad The Impaler on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Re: New Roger Waters Book

Post by everton1690 »

kingfisher_flashing wrote:Hi. A friend of mine went to the local bookstore and ordered Nick Mason's Inside Out in Hardcover. Whilst he was there the assistant informed him that there will be a book out soon by Roger Waters giving his take on the history of Pink Floyd right from their beginnings until present day. She told our friend it will be available "soon". It will be going for about $100 AUD, and will be hardcover with hopefully some pics we have never seen before. Has anyone heard about this book yet and if so, is it available overseas. Australia tends to get things after the rest of the world has already got them sometimes. Cheers.

i wouldnt get to hopeful, i reckon the rumours are a pile of tosh :roll:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

mhspiper wrote:Well that sounds pretty awesome!!! I was just thinking last night of how each member ought to tell their story. I hope your source is correct!
Rick's would make for interesting reading seeing as he's managed to forget a lot of it...
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

I don't think having an account of the band past by each member is of any use as each member would be saying to the other " you cant say this and you can't say that etc etc ".. like in nicks book
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Yeah. Didn't Roger mention Nick's book in a recent interview and say something along the lines of it being a work of fiction and that he and Nick joke about it. Better that they're joking about it than the rift it caused between Nick and David.
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

Roger Waters has always said that he wasn't interested in writing books about his PF years. I doubt he wrote such a book or collaborated because in his recently given interviews he doesn't mention anything like that.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

WishIwasthere wrote:It would be interesting to read a book by each of the guys and t see how each ones views and memories conflict with the others.
Wouldn't it just be great if each of the guys wrote a book and you could read four completely different stories? You could read them all and then say: "Wait a minute, were they in the same band at all?" :lol:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

First i've heard about it and thought he would have mentioned it in interviews... But would be great if it turns out to be true :)
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Apparently the woman in the bookstore had a note about it on her computer and my friend has already put an advance deposit on it. He is a pretty fair dinkum sort of a bloke, so I can't seem him bullshitting about this one.
WishIwasthere
Hammer
Hammer

Post by WishIwasthere »

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 How wonderful it is to see someone else besides me on this forum use the term "fair dinkum" :D

Back on topic. I really hope this book is coming.
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

How wonderful it is to see someone else besides me on this forum use the term "fair dinkum"
We'll learn 'em yet Nick :wink: I am a real slang type of gal in conversation - except I don't think I have ever said "Stone the Crows". But who does?

Back to the book. I hope so too.
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

Old Rog has said in interviews that he is convinced that he and his former colleagues would almost certainly have differring memories as to what happened in the late '70's/early '80's while each being 100% convinced that their recall of events is a 100% accurate account of what actually happenned.

I would be very interested to read his take on things, as I enjoy reading personal memoires, and of course I love PF. I am sure it would be highly amusing, especially since Waters said Nick's one should have had more sex in it! :shock: Maybe Rog can do better on that score ...