Double Core...so much for deadlines...

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
mosespa

Double Core...so much for deadlines...

Post by mosespa »

Okay...having given everyone a wee bit of false hope, I've just about got the thing ready, but there are still a few last-minute changes that need to be made both in the music and the artwork.

I have assurances from all concerned that everything will be ready this coming Monday.

We already have our first volunteer for torrenting and vine (thanks, fatoldbob,) but anyone else who thinks they might want to get in on this can post here and I'll pm everyone when I get a chance.

Since I'm still something of a newbie to vines and torrenting, I'll let everyone else sort out the hows and whens of all of that.

Please state in this thread if you wish to seed a torrent or operate a vine.

EDIT: I have retitled this thread to reflect the fact that all of my attempts to do this through the internet have failed miserably. Keith is still working on an alternative for me, but should it not work out, I'm going to have to do this through the post...which means it could be a few weeks before this starts making the rounds.

I'll keep everyone posted in the thread proper as we go along.
Last edited by mosespa on Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vera Lynn
Blade
Blade

Re: Double Core...April 30th, 2007 Distributors wanted...

Post by Vera Lynn »

mosespa wrote:Since I'm still something of a newbie to vines and torrenting, I'll let everyone else sort out the hows and whens of all of that.

Please state in this thread if you wish to seed a torrent or operate a vine.
If I only knew how it's working too (Vine) I would take care of the North American one! If an "expert" of the vine could pm me and explain how vine works cause I don't quite understand how even if I read the FAQ! I learn fast but you have to explain looooooong :lol:
henno

Post by henno »

Ill vine an Ireland, Uk and Europe leg if you want.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I am now having trouble getting yousendit.com to make any sense out of me trying to send these files off.

Before I have to move the release date again and send this thing out by ground post (last resort,) does anyone have any more reliable means of sending these large files via internet?

EDIT: I seem to have found a way which seems to be working.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I could set you up an FTP account on the npf server for you to log in to. If you use Windows XP then you can use the usual wondows explorer to connect. Easy. Let me know.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

henno wrote:Ill vine an Ireland, Uk and Europe leg if you want.
Sounds good, henno.

I plan on making discs to give to friends in the next few days. If you want to send me your mailing addy, I'll get one of them off to you soon.
Vera Lynn
Blade
Blade

North America leg

Post by Vera Lynn »

I'll vine the North America leg, now that I have a good Idea of how it's working , thanks to Henno for the explanation :wink:
I'll send my adress through pm Mosespa :)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Okay...taking the advice of Keith, I'm (again) postponing this until I can sort out how internet distribution is supposed to work. I'm still kind of new to all of this and have been going about it entirely the wrong way.

Apparently, things like this DO happen even to the best of us :lol: :P

But this thing WILL be out soon.