one of the beatles on darkside of the moon

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
white rabbit
Hammer
Hammer

one of the beatles on darkside of the moon

Post by white rabbit »

in (i think) may's rolling stone magazine, there was an article on The Pink Floyd, it was mostly about darkside. but they said that for the voices throughout the album (well, at the end; i guess) they would just ask people in the studio, like the clerk, doorman, etc. they said that one of the beatles (i think paul mccartney) said he would say something, but he was being funny, so they couldn't use his clip. just something interesting for you to chew on. anyone else know what article i'm talking about?
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Yeah i know the article was in uncut, i just got it the other day really good article.
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

I haven't read this article but I know these things. It was Macca, recording with The Wings (correct if I'm wrong) but the thing he said was useless. And I think it would've been stupid if there were famous people voices, now it's more mysterious.
gsh2
Embryo
Embryo

Post by gsh2 »

What did he say? It'd be cool to dig up sound bytes like that.

I'm a man of few post so I have to say hello to any and all who wish to accept it.

Take it easy,
Greg
http://www.freewebs.com/gsh2
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

gsh2 wrote:I'm a man of few post so I have to say hello to any and all who wish to accept it.
I say hello to you and good morning! Feel free to post and say your opinions!

It would really be interesting to know that. Think! One of the Fab Four said something that wasn't good enough to put on Pink Floyd record... I'm proud, really am.
gsh2
Embryo
Embryo

Post by gsh2 »

Does anyone have Paul's #? I suppose that would be the way to see what he said, if he remembers.

Thanks for the good morning.

Peace,
Greg
http://www.freewebs.com/gsh2
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Im pretty sure Rog got paul to answer the questions off the prompt cards he used to get the Roger the hat responses that are heard on Dark side.