Darkside of Oz

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

Darkside of Oz

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

OK so just about every floydian knows about the whole sync thing with the wizard of Oz and Darkside of the Moon.....
just wondered peoples opinions on whether they think it was actually meant or not.
I believe that it was meant..... maybe no one but roger had it planned, maybe they were all in on it..... i don't think it's coincidence....have you seen the scenes with dorothy during Great Gig in the Sky?
Maybe Alan Parsons knows???
who knows?
who thinks they know?
aparently Roger is yet to comment on this.

what's your thoughts?
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

There is 3 threads concerning this thing. But because I'm what I am, I think hat it was coincidental that those two masterpieces had so much common.
white rabbit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by white rabbit »

i think it's one of those things that the band all had a hand in, but will never admit to it because it's too much fun watching dumba**es like ourselves argue about it.

:wink:
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

dove wrote:i think it's one of those things that the band all had a hand in, but will never admit to it because it's too much fun watching dumba**es like ourselves argue about it.

:wink:

[-D-] Totally agree

Blade
Blade

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

hey i just saw how many threads there are on this.....

whoops :oops:
wgmw
Axe
Axe

Post by wgmw »

Intentional or coincidental it is still neat to watch. I think it was intentional but we will never know.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I think it's just a series of coincidences. I am sure I could "synch" any film to any PF album. All you need to do it is an imagination.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Either Pink Floyd, Alan, or God did it on purpose. Maybe all 3.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Come on, people...Friday night, I had an R. Kelly song synch with a Tampax commercial...do you think he did that on purpose?

If you do, I should also point out that "Pimp Juice" by Nelly makes an AMAZING synch with last weeks Will & Grace promo...and "Gossip Folk" by Missy Elliot goes really fantastic with and A1 Steak Sauce commercial followed by a Wendy's commercial.

Never mind my Eminem block synching up with VH1's pop icon series #63-51 (including commercial breaks.)
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

[quote="mosespa"]Come on, people...Friday night, I had an R. Kelly song synch with a Tampax commercial...do you think he did that on purpose?
quote]

Right on. I notice those kind of things all the time when listening to music with the television on. I really don't think it's anything to write home about. I mean, I did the Darkside of Oz thing and wasn't impressed. I think a bunch of stoner kids were sitting at home watching the film while playing DSOTM, and thought "Whooooooooa, duuuuuuuude, cooooooooool" and then it caught on with the other stoner kids and so on. Just my opinion.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

mosespa wrote:Come on, people...Friday night, I had an R. Kelly song synch with a Tampax commercial...do you think he did that on purpose?

If you do, I should also point out that "Pimp Juice" by Nelly makes an AMAZING synch with last weeks Will & Grace promo...and "Gossip Folk" by Missy Elliot goes really fantastic with and A1 Steak Sauce commercial followed by a Wendy's commercial.

Never mind my Eminem block synching up with VH1's pop icon series #63-51 (including commercial breaks.)
ROTFLMAO!