Manchester M.E.N

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Manchester M.E.N

Post by everton1690 »

considering ive been to at least 15 shows here it was not bad sound for the MEN arena tonight

the visuals and effects were spot on and the MUSIC was good too

negatives.............
the only songs roger actually sings live are , the verses in Mother,stcfthots,soycd,wywh,perfect sense,leaving beruit,CN,brain damage and eclipse, im not to sure he even sings In the flesh.

i thought it was quite embarressing that roger was not even at the microphone when the singing started for Fletcher Memorial and you could see it really pissed him off that it started before he was ready

100% fact is he mimes / lip synchs whatever you want to call it all of the following tunes....
have a cigar
southampton dock
fletcher memorial
sheep
time
vera
bring the boys back

i just think he should either get someone in to do everything hes not capable of singing or just pack them tunes in live ,because i feel ripped off that he has pre recorded vocals being played whilst im paying top money for a live show :roll:

another downer is the very short intro to shine on :roll:

anyway theres my review, cant wait to see how many people will still try and say that our Rog doesnt mime on stage :roll:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

:roll: :roll:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I dont think he was miming to be honest.
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

Keith Jordan wrote:I dont think he was miming to be honest.
:roll:

have a peep on Si's site
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

You seem to have spent your money entirely for the purpose of checking to see which songs he supposedy mimes. Absurdity at its finest.

When are you going to post a legitimate review?
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

PublicImage wrote:You seem to have spent your money entirely for the purpose of checking to see which songs he supposedy mimes. Absurdity at its finest.

When are you going to post a legitimate review?
see 1st post

thats the review

but i purposley filmed 2 songs in Koln the other week and the same 2 last night, and its like playing a cd, absolutely no difference what so ever

the thing about this miming lark has been going on for years and its a nailed on fact rog is not up to singing anything other than a few songs

id even go along with he doesnt even play bass on sheep as AFL seems to be doing all the graft on stage on bass, well gilmour played it on the animals album

just here to help :lol:
kenpink
Axe
Axe

Post by kenpink »

went to men myself ,at the bottom tier at the back of the arena, did spot one mistake when roger actually covered his mouth when he was obviously not singing but you know what i didnt give a monkeys that show last night was up ther with the best i have seen, and believe me i have seen some shows,how people can complain is beyond me you cannot expect a show of this calibre without the odd lyp sync, if you want to complain were was the guy who was laughing on the dark side of the moon etc etc obviously to make it as close to th eoriginal recordings thet use tapes floyd have always had a perfect sound you are just picking silly faults,
did you see roger waters in the flesh ,performing a show or was he a surrogate band,
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Perhaps it sounds the same as they are playing the same notes and they are talented musicians? I was only about 15 rows back from the centre of the stage and he didnt look like he was miming!

People have commented on the elongated note in Sheep in the past to support the idea that he is miming. This was not the case. His voice seagued into the synth for those bits!

A great show!
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

Keith Jordan wrote:People have commented on the elongated note in Sheep in the past to support the idea that he is miming. This was not the case. His voice seagued into the synth for those bits!
So people thought he SANG that massive... bit? On the record? lol, rly?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Cowards wrote:So people thought he SANG that massive... bit? On the record? lol, rly?
LOL. No. I think the record production is different to the live versions to be honest. I think everyone knows that! :roll:
davelucs
Embryo
Embryo

Post by davelucs »

what a show!!!! dont care if he didnt sing or whatever. the man is a legend. the laser pyramid was brilliant
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

When I saw him back in February, I was in the 2nd row and I didn't notice any miming. But to be honest, I don't care. It was an amazing show.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Keith Jordan wrote:People have commented on the elongated note in Sheep in the past to support the idea that he is miming. This was not the case. His voice seagued into the synth for those bits!
In Budapest he was constantly losing breath on those parts, so it was obvious he wasn't miming! Enough with the miming stories already. Give the old man a break. :(
kenpink
Axe
Axe

Post by kenpink »

i agrre what does it matter the mans in his sixtys cant expect him to sing like he was twenty again, as long as he puts shows on like that i dont care
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

Kieth Jordan .. the brainchild of someone called Dave from widness , who invented this pseudonym that is the Administrator of a pink floyd website .

so Kieth were you with all them scousers getting on the train after the gig .. noisy hooligans :lol:

we haggled with a guy to get 2 t-shirts for a tenner :lol: :lol: he gave in in the end :wink:
and tried getting the official programmes for a fiver but they were'nt havin none of it ... :lol: i said i'd give them a fiver for a prog and they should stick the fiver in there pocket ... say no more ..nudge nudge.. wink wink .. :wink: :lol:

Top night... i think it may be the best gig i have seen or it's deffo up there in the top 3
it is the best show i have seen a lot of thought and effort gone into putting on a show .

and roger also congratulated Man U on winning the league :lol: and said it was better than chelsea having it ... :lol:

(rog is an Arsenal supporter) <---- correct me if i'm wrong