Manchester M.E.N

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

jonesy wrote:so Kieth were you with all them scousers getting on the train after the gig .. noisy hooligans :lol:
My brother David did the driving! Although I did a little cheering at the interval when I went for a beer and a piss! 8)
kenpink
Axe
Axe

Post by kenpink »

personally i dont think roger should have even mentioned football last night at the m e n, i am a scouser who travelled by train to the concert and was wise enough to arrange a lift home, although i am a liverpool supporter the constant barriking and stupid chants of ring of fire does not belong in a concert arena

some people just like being wind up merchants and it will be there own fault if they get ripped off , in a fight or chucked out,

leave football at the grounds and enjoy music together no matter who you support, by the way the reasons i arranged a lift home are that once i missed the train, could not be bothered being treated like a sardine on a packed train and also once was threatened by a lot of drunken manchester supporters going home towards liverpool
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think Roger recognised that it was important to people - and important to himself apparently else he certianly would NOT have mentioned it - so he mentioned it. People were also excited enough to have some friendly banter in the interval. I don't think there was any trouble caused was there?
kenpink
Axe
Axe

Post by kenpink »

dont really know if there was trouble, did not bother getting train home ,as i said but agree with you just probably bad timing with utd winning the league and l pool reaching the euro final.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

So... have any recordings of this show surfaced yet? Anyone have any photos to share. A lad sitting in front of me to the left had a nice camera and he got some cracking photos! I should have given him my email address and told him to email them to me!!! Or else I would report him to security in the interval!! haha
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

Keith Jordan wrote:So... have any recordings of this show surfaced yet? Anyone have any photos to share. A lad sitting in front of me to the left had a nice camera and he got some cracking photos! I should have given him my email address and told him to email them to me!!! Or else I would report him to security in the interval!! haha
i think i remember you telling me you were in the same area as me kieth, i was in block b row n on the end of the aisle, i have loads of ok photos a few have been posted on Si's board RWO, if you like them give me a shout

pm
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Thanks for the PM. If you want to email over some more, then please send to keith dot jordan at neptune pink floyd dot co dot uk. Thanks!

I added them here....

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/galle ... 007/05-07/

Here is one I took on my phone....

jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

my mate took 66 photos but there all blured not really bad but from a digi camera you want clarity... i think the camera was pissed :lol: or he was moving about .. or the lense wanted cleaning
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Your photos seem to suggest that Roger was fitting a microphone up his backside, and then, well, kind of getting off on it. Is this really what happened?
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

PooF wrote:Your photos seem to suggest that Roger was fitting a microphone up his backside, and then, well, kind of getting off on it. Is this really what happened?

i noticed that on the 2nd pic down :lol:
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Someone managed to film it .... on Traders Den ....

ROGER WATERS - Manchester Arena UK - 07th May 2007 - HDV - DVD9 - For Trade

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/sho ... hp?t=37959

Source: (Ntsc) HDV Master & Edirol R09 Flash SD Master

Video: Sony DCR-HC5 > HDV Master > HDV/PC > 1080i/60 m2t > Mpeg2 (720x480) (7000 Kbps) > DVD-DL (Ntsc)
Audio (1): Edirol R09 (48Khz/16Bit/MP3 320Kbps) > Flash SD/PC > AC3 2.0 (192 Kbps)
Audio (2): ECM-HQP1 (mic) & Sony HC5 > HDV Tape (16 Bit/48 KHz/384Kbps) & Audio (1) > DD 5.1 Surround (AC3 5.1 / 448 Kbps)

Setlist (140 Mins)

- Intro
- In the flesh
- Mother
- Set the controls for the heart of the sun
- Shine on you crazy diamond
- Have a cigar
- Wish you were here
- Southampton dock
- The Fletcher memorial home
- Perfect sense part I & II
- Leaving Beirut
- Sheep
- Speak to me
- Breathe
- On the run
- Time
- The great gig in the sky
- Money
- Us and them
- Any colour you like
- Brain damage
- Eclipse
- Band intros
- The happiest days of our lives
- Another brick in the wall (part 2)
- Vera
- Bring the boys back home
- Comfortably numb
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Pity the bloke only wants to trade GNR or Faith No More for it ... no torrenting :?
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

wiped wrote:Pity the bloke only wants to trade GNR or Faith No More for it ... no torrenting :?
i have sent him an email , so if i get a response and the dvd i will vine it out :D