First Outside Copy Of Double Core given away...

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
mosespa

First Outside Copy Of Double Core given away...

Post by mosespa »

I don't know if this belongs in this topic, but I'm putting it here.

Tonight at work, I had the pleasure of having my manager ask me to help a customer (whom I wasn't waiting on,) find something to do in town for the evening. The guy wasn't from here.

I met with the gentleman...he told me his name is Ron and he was very obviously Scottish (by his accent.)

Discussion turned to his claim to have been the original drummer for a group called Average White Band.

I've heard of them, but couldn't tell you anything that they'd done. He certainly was knowledgable about music past and present and we had a very pleasant chat.

Upon taking my leave to return to one of my tables, it occurred to me that I had a copy of Double Core in my car...so, I figured "why not?"

Especially after learning that one of the guys he's jamming with these days had something to do with Gilmour's recent tour.

Weighing the pros and cons, I figured that even if the dude is full of hot air (which I don't believe that he is,) it's still another set of ears to turn on to this project.

So...I gave him a copy. I hope to have copies off in the mail to those who are starting vines this week.

But we all have seen what happens when I try to meet a deadline :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Nice to see your project is spreading!! Get it on the tracker man!!! Get it uploading!!!
Vera Lynn
Blade
Blade

Re: First Outside Copy Of Double Core given away...

Post by Vera Lynn »

mosespa wrote: I hope to have copies off in the mail to those who are starting vines this week.
You mean the up coming week right? Because I didn't receive anything here yet! :lol:
Peace
Ray
Last edited by Vera Lynn on Thu May 10, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

I'll put it on the tracker as soon as I get it.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Vera Lynn wrote:
mosespa wrote: I hope to have copies off in the mail to those who are starting vines this week.
You mean the up coming week right? Because I didn't receive anything here yet! :lol:
Peace
Ray
:lol:

No, I haven't sent them off yet. It's the middle of the month and I should have the expendable income available to send off the discs, but it's still going to be a couple of days.

I let everyone know when they're off.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Average White Band were based in Sussex for a bit, my Dad went to school with one of them!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Ron was in again tonight...I looked at his credit card, but am too high right now to remember what his last name was 8)

I think it's Brown, though.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Pass the bowl dude....
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

mosespa wrote:I don't know if this belongs in this topic, but I'm putting it here.

Tonight at work, I had the pleasure of having my manager ask me to help a customer (whom I wasn't waiting on,) find something to do in town for the evening. The guy wasn't from here.

I met with the gentleman...he told me his name is Ron and he was very obviously Scottish (by his accent.)

Discussion turned to his claim to have been the original drummer for a group called Average White Band.

I've heard of them, but couldn't tell you anything that they'd done. He certainly was knowledgable about music past and present and we had a very pleasant chat.

Upon taking my leave to return to one of my tables, it occurred to me that I had a copy of Double Core in my car...so, I figured "why not?"

Especially after learning that one of the guys he's jamming with these days had something to do with Gilmour's recent tour.

Weighing the pros and cons, I figured that even if the dude is full of hot air (which I don't believe that he is,) it's still another set of ears to turn on to this project.

So...I gave him a copy. I hope to have copies off in the mail to those who are starting vines this week.

Did he like it :D ? Particularly, our composition ;) ?