Programme cost

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
leedmc
Embryo
Embryo

Programme cost

Post by leedmc »

Hi all,

Could someone who has been to the MEN concert or NEC shows tell me how much the programme was? I'm going to Earl's Court on Friday and just trying to work out a budget.

Thanks in advance...

Lee
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

£15

i wouldnt bother with it mate, not much in there you wont already know

same sort of design as the 06 one , in an LP sort of sleeve
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

T's cost £20
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

drafsack wrote:T's cost £20

£5 off my mate
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

everton1690 wrote:£15

i wouldnt bother with it mate, not much in there you wont already know

same sort of design as the 06 one , in an LP sort of sleeve
Yeah, it is a little insubstantial, but a cool souvenier to have.
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Don't be fooled by the "signed" tour lithographs,either! £50.00 for a printed signature! Madness! T-shirts are cool tho'.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Sadly, prices are way too high. I bought myself a t-shirt though. It's good but not worth £20 though. There's just a lot of greedy people in this business :o
JKealy
Blade
Blade

Post by JKealy »

If you're silly enough to attach sentimentality to consumer products, then I have little sympathy with you losing your cash. If you're really after a souvenir go up to the stage and see if there's a plectrum lying about or a discarded finger nail!
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

That's a bit harsh and very cynical! There are millions of collectors of rock memorabilia around the world, and I would hardly call a $30-$50 investment excessive to have a memorial souvenir of a concert that you enjoyed.
JKealy
Blade
Blade

Post by JKealy »

Correct on both counts, but I think it silly to get wrapped up in this sort of hero worship when you can go out your front door and have epic experiences everywhere with anyone, pauper or millionaire. Why get into this sort of silly hero worship? Why spend the present aimlessly reminiscing about the past? My sort of crowd 15 pound is a lot of money - money that can be spent on drinks for your friends/family or bus tickets...
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

That's valid and I won't argue with your points. I, for one, am a sentimentalist, and a collector of many things, including rock memorabilia. Some people are not, and I would not expect them to espouse my same views. To each his own.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

JKealy wrote: My sort of crowd 15 pound is a lot of money - money that can be spent on drinks for your friends/family or bus tickets...
You attach your own value to £15 and spend it accordingly. Each to their own.
Myself, I won't be buying a T, program, or a drink for your friends / family, but I don't mind if you do.

(buy me a drink, I mean)

But: purchasing decisions != hero worship
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Concert programme £15 - Expensive really but atleast it had some writing in it. I get sick to the back teeth of seeing programmes full of bloody pictures and nothing interesting at all to read.

The thing that pisses me off is the venue's extortionate prices on food and beer. Wembley are the biggest criminals here charging rediculous amounts for watered down beer. I'd rather die of thirst than line those greedy basterds pockets thankyou very much !
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

So who bought the programme - I got 3 T's - 2 for me and 1 for Drafsack jr. Drafsack Jr was so impressesd (it was his first ever concert) he's been plundering my PF cd collection all week - Result
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

drafsack wrote: Drafsack Jr was so impressesd (it was his first ever concert) he's been plundering my PF cd collection all week - Result
Ah isn't it great taking your little one( or not so little ones) along to concerts.
I took my little 10 year old to see The Musical Box (Genesis tribute band) about a month ago. :)
Have to also add, at the Earls court concert, we had a little girl, must have been about 11ish i think, there she was singing along to all the songs, so into it with her expressions, i still can't forget the look of sheer enjoyment on her face everytime i glanced in her direction living every moment of the gig, captivating really. I had to tap her on the shoulder when it had all finished saying 'you have great music taste' to which she replies confidentally ' i know' !
Kids huh :D
Yes i did buy a programme but not just for the concert, i buy them for keepsakes and the memory.