Q magazine, September 1990

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Q magazine, September 1990

Post by decampos »

Excerpt from an interview with Gilmour for Q magazine from 1990:

Q: Were you worried at first that fans might respond badly to the Roger-less Floyd?

DG: I knew we would get some fans who would not approve. We didn't get too many. There would be people in the audience who would make their feelings heard about Roger not being there, just by shouting very loudly during moments when the rest of the audience was being respectfully quiet. ...

It died away but there was one or two funny incidents. There was once a whole row of about eight guys with "F*ck Roger" T-shirts on. There was another guy wearing one of Roger's tour T-shirts, which had the name Roger Waters in green fluorescent lettering across the top, so I only had to glance into the audience and his name would be beaming at me.

This guy was starting off by shouting at us, but by the end of the second half he took the T-shirt off, tore it up into little bits, put it on the floor and stamped on it!

That sounds so utterly ridiculous. Is Dave talking out of his butt here? I think he is.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Sounds like David made light fun of the question. He seems like a funny guy. :-)
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

Nice litle story, Dave is a good teller. He's joking, bloody old joker!!!! :)
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Q magazine, September 1990

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Q magazine, June 1999:

Question: At the end of the first half of the Wembley gig on the Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour, you stuck your middle finger up at me and mouthed "fuck off," just because I was waving a Roger Waters t-shirt from the front row. Do you regret your impoliteness?

DG: I offer my most fulsome apologies if that is what I did. It does sound extraordinarily ill-mannered. I must have been under a lot of pressure at the time.

To end the feature, David said:

I'm the jolly one. I'm the jolly, happy one.
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh Behold! Now it's proved! Roger Water's really a GOD!

Can it be that nobody can say anything without someone saying something against and proving that the other is wrong. It's very frustrating and very, very sad that every subject ends to fight about who is greater, Rog or Dave. There was one litle period without the fight...
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Nobody is fighting. I just thought I would add that bit for amusement :D
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

As hilarious as it is, I don't think it was a joke. It was told with the intention to deceive. It was a classic piece of anti-Roger propaganda. If you read the whole interview you'll get a better idea of the context and mood.

read it here:
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/St ... djg90.html
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:Nobody is fighting. I just thought I would add that bit for amusement.
8) I wouldn't have yelled, I would have thrown some rocks or spit on that man. I think it would be rude, I mean everybody knows that Rog and Dave are not best friends.

And I must apologize that I don't get every joke and sarcasm in this forum. I have spoken 21 years finnish and most of my experiences of speaking and reading english is from our english class. Sooriiiii!