Pink Floyd Reunited- May 10, 2007

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

hummingman wrote

"Probably a naive question, but what's this shame that Roger says he feels? Contributing to kicking Syd out of the band?"

HI hummingman;
There were several accounts, of the time leading up to pushing Syd out of the Band. It was reported that Roger was mean to Syd, at the times He was out of touch, shall we say.
There's a book I read (A Saucerful of Secrets), can't remember the author that has a fairly full report of these happenings.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I get the impression from interviews with the others in the band that they all carry a certain amount of guilt for the way they treated Syd when he got sick. That they should have been more sympathetic or tried to do more to help. Hindsight's always 20:20.
Frankymole
Axe
Axe

Post by Frankymole »

Creek wrote:hummingman wrote

"Probably a naive question, but what's this shame that Roger says he feels? Contributing to kicking Syd out of the band?"

HI hummingman;
There were several accounts, of the time leading up to pushing Syd out of the Band. It was reported that Roger was mean to Syd, at the times He was out of touch, shall we say.
There's a book I read (A Saucerful of Secrets), can't remember the author that has a fairly full report of these happenings.
Roger's simply talking about the difficulty of performing/writing and exposing one's innermost feelings - watching his intro in context explains it better. He said Syd didn't get this kind of "stage fright", or self-consciousness in smaller venues.

There is much more of his intro speech here - and even the "Syd incident" that inspired the comment at the start of the other clips:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2nVAZXJRUQ
CaseyDFloyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by CaseyDFloyd »

I can't die without seeing the full Floyd live. I'm very upset about the fact that they could not set their differences aside once more to perform in honour of Syd. That may have increased the chance of a full-on reunion tour. I have this terrible fear of one of them suddenly dying before they get their chance to tour once more. Floyd is more important to me than just about anything else in the world, save my family and a few important friends. Any other "Floyd Extremists" here?
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Frankymole wrote: There is much more of his intro speech here - and even the "Syd incident" that inspired the comment at the start of the other clips:
can somebody remind me how to save YouTube content to video files?
that Roger speech is really interesting
(shame about the loudmouths arguing up in the balcony)
Roger says "if it werent for Syd Id probably be a property developer or something"
Id still like to see Roger try to do one of Syds toons, but that was a nice tribute from Rog
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

CaseyDFloyd wrote:I can't die without seeing the full Floyd live. I'm very upset about the fact that they could not set their differences aside once more to perform in honour of Syd. That may have increased the chance of a full-on reunion tour. I have this terrible fear of one of them suddenly dying before they get their chance to tour once more. Floyd is more important to me than just about anything else in the world, save my family and a few important friends. Any other "Floyd Extremists" here?
You rang? I feel the same way in many respects. I'm in my forties and have never seen a Floyd concert. I had a ticket for the Syd tribute last week and sold it because it was prohibitively expensive to fly when I checked the airfares for 2 months! I'm such a dumbass!

I still so wonder about 7/7/07...Live Earth, the first anniversary of Syd's death, and the significance of the date....
Zarquon
Blade
Blade

Post by Zarquon »

You dont actually know why Waters didnt preform with the others. In my opinion it was nothing to do with personal differences
puns
Axe
Axe

Post by puns »

J Ed wrote:
Frankymole wrote: There is much more of his intro speech here - and even the "Syd incident" that inspired the comment at the start of the other clips:
can somebody remind me how to save YouTube content to video files?
http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... ht=#339008

also if you search the browser cache for .flv files , you fill find the youtube videos already downloaded ( if you have watched the whole youtube video , but i havent seen them in the folder always )
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Syd'sSexy wrote:
CaseyDFloyd wrote:I can't die without seeing the full Floyd live. I'm very upset about the fact that they could not set their differences aside once more to perform in honour of Syd. That may have increased the chance of a full-on reunion tour. I have this terrible fear of one of them suddenly dying before they get their chance to tour once more. Floyd is more important to me than just about anything else in the world, save my family and a few important friends. Any other "Floyd Extremists" here?
You rang? I feel the same way in many respects. I'm in my forties and have never seen a Floyd concert.

I still so wonder about 7/7/07...Live Earth, the first anniversary of Syd's death, and the significance of the date....
Me three...
And I'm in my 20-s, so, compared to you, I possible even have additional 20 years of living without Floyds...
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by AsydWaters »

Zarquon wrote:You dont actually know why Waters didnt preform with the others. In my opinion it was nothing to do with personal differences
And I want to quote all the others who wrote in to say that "WE WANT TO SEE THIS CONCERT"S VIDEO B4 WE DIE".

IMHO;its self explanatory when Roger sang FF...."when a friend dies and tears rise from that deep well that never runs dry.."this song gives me same goosebumps as WYWH does.
How would you react to see one of your best friend drift away to such extremety...to cardboard himself in and you know he's there but you can't reach out and touch him,hold his hand and pull him back ...because you're now on a brick 1 above and if you try to bend;the world wont let you becos u r Pink Floyd.
oyv666
Blade
Blade

Post by oyv666 »

moom wrote:
Syd'sSexy wrote: You rang? I feel the same way in many respects. I'm in my forties and have never seen a Floyd concert.

Me three...
And I'm in my 20-s, so, compared to you, I possible even have additional 20 years of living without Floyds...
Me four...

20 years left and you are in your 20's,,,you dont plan to live past 50?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

What I meant was that SS is in the 40's, thus about 20 years older than me. If nothing goes wrong, then no matter how many more she'll live, I'll have these 20 years to live additionally. :)
oyv666
Blade
Blade

Post by oyv666 »

ahhh,,i see, not having English as main language confuses me sometimes..
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Generally, I don't have problems, but this time really was tough...