Pink floyd ring tones

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pink floyd ring tones

Post by drafsack »

Yes I know it's sad but I heard my first Pink floyd ring tone today, it was Another brick in the wall 2.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

I can't get any decent ringtones for my phone, so I just use the free ones that come with it that are mostly classical. My default is set to the Dragnet theme song.

I guess I'm past the point where I think Floyd ringtones are sacrilegous, mainly because the sound is just soooo mutated, that it's obviously just a silly ringtone and it's not trying to be good or profound or deep or quality or anything. I guess I'd feel differently if I was younger. ("Sacrilege! How could they!") I used to get livid when I'd hear The Beatles in Muzak.
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

Well, you know, technology moves so fast. I've heard of a new ringtone service for certain cellphones, which offers ringtones that sound real. Like digitalized music, or something of the sort.
So, it'll be a matter of time, till you can listen to an actual PF song when somebody phones you, methinks.
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

I have Nokia 6310 (simple ringtones) and I have following Floyd-tones:
Money
WYWH
ABITW pt.2
Com Numb

And I must admit that only descent tone is Money, because there's only that first guitar riff. Com Numb is terrible, I can't hear any ComNumb in that piece of sheite.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

On my friends phone, you can have it play a .wav file when it rings! Also has polyphonic ring tones. They are fun!!

I have an Nokia 8310 and is nice and small. Unfortunately (as my friend colette pointed out to me, thanks for that) i just use the boring "ring ring" tone.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

We used to have this really cool answering machine that, instead of the phone ringing , a calm male voice would say, "You have a telephone call". We loved it, but it finally bought the farm...
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

Maybe it would've been funnier, if you could've edited the message that played whenever someone phoned.
Something like Idunno, 'What's that ringing in my ear?' or 'you've got a call, you idiot!'...I would love a machine like that, to pieces...
Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

JML wrote:I have Nokia 6310 (simple ringtones) and I have following Floyd-tones:
Money
WYWH
ABITW pt.2
Com Numb

And I must admit that only descent tone is Money, because there's only that first guitar riff. Com Numb is terrible, I can't hear any ComNumb in that piece of sheite.
dunno if it's the same one i downloaded but it's just the string part of comf numb when David starts singing.....weird choice for a ring tone
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Like Keith put it, Poly phonic tones are great. Once by mistake I forgot to put my phone on vibrate mode in the class and it rang. The tone was The God father theme. It sounds great on poly phonics. My professor instead of kicking me (He has a repute for doing that) asked me if I could send him the tone.

I transfer my tones from my PC. But once the craze wears off I go back to ring ring! :)