Does Rick have a new album coming out or not?

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Ton Up Alvis
Blade
Blade

Does Rick have a new album coming out or not?

Post by Ton Up Alvis »

Anybody have a reliable answer??
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

He has been at his studio in France recording for months. All indications I have read propose a release sometime in 2007.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Well it was about time!
generalhooha
Blade
Blade
Location: Deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves.

Post by generalhooha »

I hope he tours it. If he does, I would like to see some of his early Pink Floyd songs performed as well. He is my favorite member (next to Syd), and I believe that he has the ability to lead.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

First let's all hope he gets it out. :wink:
Triangularity
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Triangularity »

Would a new one be his first since Wet Dream?
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Triangularity wrote:Would a new one be his first since Wet Dream?
No, in 1984 he collaborated with Dave Harris under the name Zee and released the album Identity, a collection of synth-heavy 80's style electro-pop. Most Floyd fans find it pretty awful stuff, though there are a few who seem to like it (me not being one of them). In 1996 he released his second official solo album, Broken China. It was much more synth oriented than Wet Dream, but much more moody than Identity. I love the album Wet Dream, but was not fond of Broken China, but a lot of Floyd fans seem to prefer it. I'm hoping he plays a little bit more piano and organ again on his new album, rather than relying so heavily on the synth pads.
Ton Up Alvis
Blade
Blade

Post by Ton Up Alvis »

Massed Gadgets wrote:
Triangularity wrote:Would a new one be his first since Wet Dream?
No, in 1984 he collaborated with Dave Harris under the name Zee and released the album Identity, a collection of synth-heavy 80's style electro-pop. Most Floyd fans find it pretty awful stuff, though there are a few who seem to like it (me not being one of them). In 1996 he released his second official solo album, Broken China. It was much more synth oriented than Wet Dream, but much more moody than Identity. I love the album Wet Dream, but was not fond of Broken China, but a lot of Floyd fans seem to prefer it. I'm hoping he plays a little bit more piano and organ again on his new album, rather than relying so heavily on the synth pads.
I really liked Zee: Identity.
I'd say about half of those tracks could've been added onto Momentary Lapse of Reason and most people would've have know the difference.

I'd really like to get it up for download but 1) I don't use Torrents and 2) I don't know about the legality of it. I do have a ROIO version of Identity I'd like to give away (including bonus tracks Eyes of a GYpsy and some remixes) or trade for something interesting.

One day maybe.
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

Anyone know if any special guests are going to play on it, I know David recorded a part for Broken China (but sadly it wasn't used but it can be heard on his DVD David Gilmour in Concert :D )
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

generalhooha wrote:I hope he tours it. If he does, I would like to see some of his early Pink Floyd songs performed as well. He is my favorite member (next to Syd), and I believe that he has the ability to lead.
You have alot of faith :wink:
Rick is probably as bad as Tony Banks of Genesis in not coming out and doing live shows solo. It just won't happen.
Rick is a very interesting character with a bit of mystery about him in my opinion.
He rarely ever said much whilst in Pink Floyd throughout the 60'sand 70's and appears quite a shy unassertive individual to many.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Faith is a thing that keeps us hanging on ;)

Uh, with their speed, it's rather surprising David is recording his new album as well already (!) :lol: I guess Waters was a bit right at the times of The Final Cut, when he doubted David could come up with any material in the foreseeable future...
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Lets hope its better than Broken China - that Album made Ol fat guts' On an Island sound like death metal
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I've never listened to Broken China, but as much as I understand, that album is way too mellow for you or something, Draf :)? If it is, then I'll probably like it, I like Rick's mellow stuff.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Its not mellow its crap
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Rule #1 - when talking about preferences in Pink Floyd, speak for yourself. You're STATING, and thus everyone should agree just because YOU don't like that album. That's the way it looks like.
So, even if you don't like BC, someone may like it, - take it or leave it, want it or not.