West Palm Beach, FL

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
ESLAFTK2112

West Palm Beach, FL

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

I was at the show May 18. I took my Republican dad with me. Though he doesn't agree with Waters' political stance, he was impressed by the show. I had a ball despite the fact I left during Us and Them cos of a VIOLENT THUNDERSTORM.

Luckily, one of my buds taped me Cork with Nick Mason from 2006 so I watched what I missed.

Great show but hard for him to topple PF in 1994 (which happened on May 19, 1994)
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Did rog keep playing or did he stop the show
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

drafsack wrote:Did rog keep playing or did he stop the show

from a good source............

rog stopped and unplugged his bass and stopped singing, but the singing continued by him while he was having a chat with AFL ...weird eh

:lol:
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

drafsack wrote:Did rog keep playing or did he stop the show
I left the show as the thunder and lightning started (during Us and Them) then by Brain Damage/Eclipse (we escaped the venue), the lawn (where I was) was DRENCHED and the drunks and so forth were all panicking (like being in the bleachers at Fenway Park)! On our way home, my dad and I saw a 15 car pileup crash cos of the heavy THUNDERSTORM.

Ampitheaters are not like stadiums, ampitheaters have protection from rain whereas the stadiums had generators and most people would have been soaked save those in the stands (nosebleeds). When PF played in Houston, Texas in 1994, the thunderstorm got so bad that Rick Wright got shocked playing Great Gig so Steve O' Rourke pulled the plug so the band nor the fans would get killed.
fobia
Embryo
Embryo

Post by fobia »

Went to WP show. Sat in center lawn towards back. Sound could have been louder. Got stuck next to group of drunk kids. But all in all, awesome show.
I went to In the flesh tour at same venue years back. Liked this tour better.
I see some complaints about tour containing DSoTM and popular songs, some dont think that tours like these are the only chance for certain generations to witness in person.
Im 25, and im lucky to see Waters 2 times. All i listen to is classic rock, so my chances to catch bands playing any songs period are very limited.

I regret not going to tampa show in addition. We discussed it saturday morning, but was so tired from previous nights show, we couldnt make it. (i live 2.5 hrs from west palm, and 3 from tampa)

I posted in the torrent forums requesting audio/video recording of the west palm show, if anyone comes across anything. Please post it.

http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=17322

Thanks.

I forgot to add, we stopped by kmart and grabed a couple poncho's so we were prepared for the down pour that started right as DSoTM finished. It continued to rain throughout the encore. We stuck it out and enjoyed the whole show.

On a side note, right after the show, we went to the cheveron right by the amphitheater, and a big brawl broke out in the gas station, lasted a while, and cops never showed up. Just a wild thing to close the night.
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Re: West Palm Beach, FL

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

To Fobia.....you mentioned that there were some complaints that there were alot of songs from DSOTH. Weren't these people aware that this was THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON concert???
fobia
Embryo
Embryo

Re: West Palm Beach, FL

Post by fobia »

I seen complaints in forums, they were complaining, just to complain i figure.

Best concert ive been to. I regret not going to the Tampa show the next day.