Will Roger ever Release The Wall Live from 1981 on DVD

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
warrenh2000
Embryo
Embryo

Will Roger ever Release The Wall Live from 1981 on DVD

Post by warrenh2000 »

Really tired of all the CRAP EBAY ripoffs of the wall shows from the early 80's. Saw some INCREDIBLE footage about 7 years ago in a VH1 Behind The Wall Documentary. Cameras panning back in fourt between the erected Wall & the band performing & dave doing his Solo atop of the wall. Come on Roger. We've eating all our meat!!! Now give us our Damn pudding already!!! When is it going to get the official release it deserves. I've signed online petitions , as I know thousands prob. have as well. It would be nice to see this released as a 2 Disc set with the Behind the Wall Documentary & The Lost Documentary included as well as The Wall Audio Demo's & rehearsals added as audio bonuses. As well as Waters audio comentary explaining how he truely thought HE WAS PINK & how they had their trailers in a circle backstage & how the band was falling apart at this point & how he tried to fire Wright but let him finish the the wall tour before his exit.

Warrenh2000
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

...you spoilt child :lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Will Roger ever Release The Wall Live from 1981 on DVD

Post by nosaj »

Well, actually it has been released to some close associates of Waters, and if it ever leaked he would know who did it...so, be patient, there will be an official release one day.
pottel
Axe
Axe

Post by pottel »

[quote="nosaj"]Well, actually it has been released to some close associates of Waters, and if it ever leaked he would know who did it...so, be patient, there will be an official release one day.[/quote]
tell us more!!!!
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

nosaj wrote:Well, actually it has been released to some close associates of Waters, and if it ever leaked he would know who did it...so, be patient, there will be an official release one day.
Maybe it will be released on the 25th anniversary of the show, though, come to think about it, the 25th anniversary has already passed!
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

I wonder why Roger won't release those Wall shows,It would at least make the Pulse DVD look like a pile of crap ,Which is a good thing in my opinion. .
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Obviously not. Its Pink Floyd related and might actually stem the flow of bootleg releases! hell just cos every other recording artist treats their fans well and releases rare gems from the back catalog doesn't mean Floyd will! We should know this by now!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

He wont.

But his son Harry or someone from his family might do that in the future.
Money will dry up very soon after our beloving old gits wont be around any longer.
Then we might see alot of the stuff that whas kept safe in some dark Waters or Gilmour vault.
Same thing happend to many other musicians that passed away when their families tried to earn few bobs on them.
Pink Floyd case will not be any different.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Damn!t wrote:He wont.

But his son Harry or someone from his family might do that in the future.
Money will dry up very soon after our beloving old gits wont be around any longer.
Then we might see alot of the stuff that whas kept safe in some dark Waters or Gilmour vault.
Same thing happend to many other musicians that passed away when their families tried to earn few bobs on them.
Pink Floyd case will not be any different.
Interesting point. I really hope it doesn't come to that though. The cranky old git surely has a few years left in him yet. Surely with all the technology they have these days, they can do something with the footage that was shot? And he's prepared to allow it to be a Broadway musical for Chrissakes. Why can't we have our DVD. It surely can't be worse than the film of The Wall with that well-known thespian Bob Geldof.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I remember reading somewhere that Waters wasn't even wanting to release the live album until his son convinced him too so may have a long wait for the dvd yet.

Sounds a stubborn old git at times
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

At times????

Maybe someone should get to Harry and get him to bend his dad's ear about releasing the DVD :lol:
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

I hope he really did find some tapes or film that are close to doing the show justice and he releases that. Otherwise, if the best isn't much better than the Harvested DVD (though I'm glad they made that), I side with Roger and hope the show doesn't get released to the general public either. The footage just doesn't do the show justice, and it would be better if people envision the show in their heads by reading something like the song-by-song account of the show in Vernon Fitch's book (with some still pictures).

As a matter of fact, it would be great if they'd include that in the liner notes of future pressings of the Is There Anybody Out There CD, Vernon ;)
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by AsydWaters »

Don't the other 2 ie BDG and Nick also have a control over the record?Or Pink Floyd Music has 1/2 and Roger has 1/2 the rights to the record and music of The Wall,so who'll decide wether its to be released or not on DVD?
Meneer Jansen
Knife
Knife

Post by Meneer Jansen »

AtomHeartMomma wrote:Maybe it will be released on the 25th anniversary of the show, though, come to think about it, the 25th anniversary has already passed!
I phoned Roger about this. Your source for this news was almost right. It will be the 125th anniversary.
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

AsydWaters wrote:Don't the other 2 ie BDG and Nick also have a control over the record?Or Pink Floyd Music has 1/2 and Roger has 1/2 the rights to the record and music of The Wall,so who'll decide wether its to be released or not on DVD?
BDG? "Big" Dave Gilmour?