Hollywood Bowl, anyone?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
zuma
Axe
Axe

Hollywood Bowl, anyone?

Post by zuma »

I'll be in section E and taping, so try not to scream or make too much noise... hehehe!! 8) :lol:
njk
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Hollywood Bowl, anyone?

Post by njk »

I'm sitting in section D.
Did you go last October? Awesome show. Can't wait.
zuma
Axe
Axe

Post by zuma »

No, I just moved to Cali from my long time home in Vermont... this will be my first show at the Bowl and I'm pretty psyched. Sucks I won't be able to UL the show to the tracker though.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

I went to the first show last October and am also going next week...hope they let the pig go again!
zuma
Axe
Axe

Post by zuma »

Hey, njk & Freddie, tonights the night and may we all have a fuckin' blast! Cheers, mates! :lol:
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Just got back from the bowl, AWESOME!!! He didn't let the pig go this time, but we didn't even notice because I think it was bigger and there was a lot of fire and stuff going on with it. It looked better too and they flew it around closer to everyone.

But the BEST new effect was the PRISM: It's not the same prism he had last time with the colored spotlights coming out of it. This one had a REAL laser coming out the side in the DSOTM rainbow colors...then the prism started spinning! Everytime the rainbow side came around, the giant rainbow-colored laser wall swept across the entire audience and everyone went nuts. I'm not sure if they timed it this way, but one of the times it swept the crowd was on the last note of DSOTM. My stupid camera wasn't working by that point so I hope someone got a picture or video that does it justice. Everyone else seemed to be taking pix and video so something should turn up.

The surround sounded better since we were more in the middle this time (last time we were by the rear speakers so the sounds coming out weren't in sync with the front). Best surround-sound again was "On The Run"...amazing hearing that coming from all around you in a place that big. I took a couple pix of the surround speakers in the daylight before the show began.

He had some funny little dances he'd do and again really seemed to be having a good time. On the Final Cut songs though his facial expressions were just so intense and moving, so hopefully someone got that recorded too.

The nature sounds of crickets, etc. from Amused To Death went great since we were outdoors with trees all around us. And we saw two shooting stars :)

More technical stuff: Exact same setlist (I believe) as last October, and no Nick, Rick, or Clare. But it was great! I wish he would do this same show every few months :) Maybe he needs to start a residency in Vegas or something, hah!

Oh yeah, it was scheduled for 7:30 "sharp" but I think started at 8:15 or after...I know he's usually prompt but maybe he was compensating for people being on Hollywood time....