Boston, July 9

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
narcissus
Axe
Axe

Boston, July 9

Post by narcissus »

Anyone going? Anyone have info. on the venue's policy on cameras? For the first time (I've seen Roger twice before, including the 5/30 NY show) it actually says on the ticket 'No Cameras'. Is that really enforced? Just wondering!
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Boston, July 9

Post by Groovybass77 »

At the Garden, I would expect to be frisked/checked.

At the Tweeter Center I could have entered in a tank and they wouldn't had stopped me. I swear, I literally just walked through the security check-point and they didn't check any of my bags for anything. :lol:
narcissus
Axe
Axe

Post by narcissus »

This year's show is at the Boston Garden. :roll: Damn. Well, hopefully they'll go easy on me.
zuma
Axe
Axe

Post by zuma »

If I'm worried about security at a given venue, I'll get in line early and just scope out what procedures they're using. That way I've got plenty of time to plan or go back to the car if I have to. And you never know, I thought security at Radio City, for Gilmours '06 shows, would be Gestapo-like... turned out to be the opposite and I got my Micro Track and mic's inside with no trouble at all. I was later told security procedures were influenced by the artists and that Gilmour requested his fan's be treated with respect... thank ya Dave! Bottom line though, you can get most anything in if they're not using that damn wand. Good luck!
narcissus
Axe
Axe

Post by narcissus »

zuma wrote:If I'm worried about security at a given venue, I'll get in line early and just scope out what procedures they're using. That way I've got plenty of time to plan or go back to the car if I have to. And you never know, I thought security at Radio City, for Gilmours '06 shows, would be Gestapo-like... turned out to be the opposite and I got my Micro Track and mic's inside with no trouble at all. I was later told security procedures were influenced by the artists and that Gilmour requested his fan's be treated with respect... thank ya Dave! Bottom line though, you can get most anything in if they're not using that damn wand. Good luck!
Thanks, Zuma. Roger seems to be pretty cool and accepting of people photographing and filming him, so I'm hoping for the best. I'm taking the train straight up to Boston, so I won't have any car to go back to if security takes issue with my camera.
Nice to read about David's handling of the fans at Radio City last year - I'm sorry I missed that show!
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

narcissus wrote:
zuma wrote:If I'm worried about security at a given venue, I'll get in line early and just scope out what procedures they're using. That way I've got plenty of time to plan or go back to the car if I have to. And you never know, I thought security at Radio City, for Gilmours '06 shows, would be Gestapo-like... turned out to be the opposite and I got my Micro Track and mic's inside with no trouble at all. I was later told security procedures were influenced by the artists and that Gilmour requested his fan's be treated with respect... thank ya Dave! Bottom line though, you can get most anything in if they're not using that damn wand. Good luck!
Thanks, Zuma. Roger seems to be pretty cool and accepting of people photographing and filming him, so I'm hoping for the best. I'm taking the train straight up to Boston, so I won't have any car to go back to if security takes issue with my camera.
Nice to read about David's handling of the fans at Radio City last year - I'm sorry I missed that show!
Yes, I love how easy it is to get to the Garden using the Train. I just get on at North Leominster Station and get off at North Station and you are right in the Garden.
Hearitwow
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Hearitwow »

If you've not yet been to the Garden, beware of tight security. I've seen metal detectors at the gates, then again at the escalators just to catch anyone who got past the first round.

It's a somewhat oppressive venue for live music, unfortunately. Doesn't mean I won't be there, just that it's much less fun than the Tweeter Center.

I heard in the winter that attendance was so lousy for Bruins and Celtics games that they'd almost given up on security, and you could get anything up to a keg of beer in there, but they really seem afraid of music fans tearing the place down before it's paid for.
narcissus
Axe
Axe

Post by narcissus »

Hearitwow wrote:If you've not yet been to the Garden, beware of tight security. I've seen metal detectors at the gates, then again at the escalators just to catch anyone who got past the first round.

It's a somewhat oppressive venue for live music, unfortunately. Doesn't mean I won't be there, just that it's much less fun than the Tweeter Center.

I heard in the winter that attendance was so lousy for Bruins and Celtics games that they'd almost given up on security, and you could get anything up to a keg of beer in there, but they really seem afraid of music fans tearing the place down before it's paid for.
Wow. That...well...sucks, basically. Didn't Roger play the Tweeter Center last year? Why did he change venues in Boston this time? Especially to one so apparently 'oppressive', considering he seems to allow, if not encourage, photos and videos being taken of his shows. :(
Hearitwow
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Hearitwow »

The Garden's got a bit more prestige than the Tweeter Center. Plus it seats more, but given a choice I'd go see anyone at the Tweeter over the Garden.