live earth and roger

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
corie
Judge!
Judge!

live earth and roger

Post by corie »

In this weeks rolling stone, he talks about the show, and that he will be playing a shortend version of Money and Us and them... i guess Jon Carin will be singing for Roger ?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: live earth and roger

Post by moom »

You mean, for David, right :) ?
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

Just doing all the singing if roger is going to perform songs he doesn't sing. so yes for david 's parts :o
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

corie wrote:and that he will be playing a shortend version of Money and Us and them...
so he has time to play better songs? :lol:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

very strange of Rog to choose 2 songs he doesn´t even sing... :?
oyv666
Blade
Blade

Post by oyv666 »

Yucateco wrote:very strange of Rog to choose 2 songs he doesn´t even sing... :?
well,,he choose to tour Dark Side Of The Moon where he sings only one...

btw..what does Roger really do on "Dark Side" ?
ok, he wrote the songs but what does he do sound-wise ?
(not sure if the word sound-wise meen anything in english)
Seeing Roger playing Dark Side feels a little like a tribute band to me...
generalhooha
Blade
Blade
Location: Deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves.

Post by generalhooha »

oyv666 wrote:Seeing Roger playing Dark Side feels a little like a tribute band to me...
I actually feel opposite. I often can not bring myself to watch the Pulse Dark Side of the Moon again, because it seems like a tribute. It does not sound as "clean" to me as Water's performance, and the screen films ruin it for me (I think Gilmour is missing the point of "Brain Damage"). The only complaint that I have with Water's is the singing, where it sounds like a tribute.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I love that he sings Time!!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

oyv666 wrote:well,,he choose to tour Dark Side Of The Moon where he sings only one...
He sings 2 songs on it
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

generalhooha wrote:
oyv666 wrote:Seeing Roger playing Dark Side feels a little like a tribute band to me...
I actually feel opposite. I often can not bring myself to watch the Pulse Dark Side of the Moon again, because it seems like a tribute. It does not sound as "clean" to me as Water's performance, and the screen films ruin it for me (I think Gilmour is missing the point of "Brain Damage"). The only complaint that I have with Water's is the singing, where it sounds like a tribute.
I have to agree ive seen both shows and rogers tour sounds more floyd than the 3 man floyd did ?
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

corie wrote:
generalhooha wrote: I actually feel opposite. I often can not bring myself to watch the Pulse Dark Side of the Moon again, because it seems like a tribute. It does not sound as "clean" to me as Water's performance, and the screen films ruin it for me (I think Gilmour is missing the point of "Brain Damage"). The only complaint that I have with Water's is the singing, where it sounds like a tribute.
I have to agree ive seen both shows and rogers tour sounds more floyd than the 3 man floyd did ?
I disagree. I think Roger show lacks depth in the sound of his dark side show. There are something Rick and Dave fill out in the sound spectrum that is totally missing from Rogers show and it sounds a little empty to me.Also I think sometimes Roger misses abit of the feeling, the peaks and valleys in Us and Them. But hell it was still a good show
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

Does anyone know approximately where Roger is going to be in the running order of the show? I don't know whether I can be bothered watching the whole thing. :?

While I'm at it, what are the objectives of this latest Live .... whatever project? Live Aid was pretty straightforward (raising money for a famine-striken country), but what exactly did Live 8 achieve, other than a spectacular PF reunion? As for this time around, we have heard a lot of stuff from both sides about climate change already; what more are we likely to learn from flying a bunch of rockers around the world? Musically it might be good, but what is the expected carbon footprint for this event, I wonder? :? :? :?
pffan1990

Post by pffan1990 »

I wish I could go to the show, but can't due to financial obligations and probably the tickets are sold out by now. I want to go not only to see our Roger, but also to see Kelly Clarkson. :D :oops:
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

This bloody concert means I'll have to wait an extra week to see the next episode of Steven Moffat's "Jekyll". How irritating, especially considering the abysmally mediocre lineup that it has!
Meneer Jansen
Knife
Knife

Post by Meneer Jansen »

Pat Albertson wrote:Does anyone know approximately where Roger is going to be in the running order of the show? I don't know whether I can be bothered watching the whole thing. :?
I wanted to ask exactly the same thing. And I can't be bothered watching the whole thing either!
Waters will be performing in the US venue. Does this mean that his performance will not be aired by the BBC? I live in the Netherlands and I'm afraid that TV stations there will only air some stupid local events. My best hope of catching Rogers performance will be the BBC. There's absolutely no US TV avaliable here of course (and there is that time difference).

Any info on the time of Roger's show (global mean time, star date or CET)?

[update] Brain Damage states "Gig Time: 4:00 pm" (dunno if that's the beginning of Live Eath in the US or indeed Rog's time slot). In Europe 4:00 pm is 6 hours later = 22:00 hrs (in the UK that's an hour earlier I think..., daylight savings time?)
Te REG fansite has no mention of Live Earth.....