live earth and roger

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
kinetic
Embryo
Embryo

Re: live earth and roger

Post by kinetic »

Seriously!
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Any prism on Brain Damage/Eclipse? ;)
kinetic
Embryo
Embryo

Post by kinetic »

Nope, but the flying pig was there on the last song
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

kinetic wrote:In the flesh (musical only)
Money
Us & Them
Brain Damage
Eclipse
Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)

Anyone else think that his guitarist looks like professor Severus Snape from Harry Potter? :lol:
Was all this televised and did anybody record it?
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Its on tv now!!! Im sure it will be on dimeadozen in about 20 mins

Nice to hear a medley of good songs, shame about Dave not being there. Snowy also looks really old, and NO LEATHER JACKET!!!!! Whats up with that?.

BTW The rest of this event has sucked (accept maybe Chris Cornell)
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Wow even Kelly Clarkson was boring. Not that I'm a huge fan of hers, but as far as fluffy pop stars go I figured she'd put on a pretty energetic and fun performance but it was just kind of blah.

How were the Police? I can't see the rest on my DVR until tomorrow :(

This was no Live-Aid IMHO
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

They showed Money, Happiest days... and Another Brick 2 on UK TV at around 3.15 am this morning. And that was one big pig
pffan1990

Post by pffan1990 »

Freddie Mercury wrote:Wow even Kelly Clarkson was boring. Not that I'm a huge fan of hers, but as far as fluffy pop stars go I figured she'd put on a pretty energetic and fun performance but it was just kind of blah.
Hey, don't be dissing my Kelly! :twisted: O--O Actually, I thought her performance, as shown on US NBC highlights show, was kinda bland, too. The problem on my end of the entire show that I watched was the sound quality. I felt the vocals were too loud, at least on my old TV I used. During Waters' performance (they showed only "The Happiest..." and "Another Bricks...") I couldn't even hear the helicopter sounds and barely heard the "hey, lad..." spoken parts. As the bass and other instruments kicked in, I could then hear the full music. It might have been the way the cameras picked up the sounds or something. The big pig was killer!

BTW, even though Kelly gave a bland performance, she was still hot. :oops: :smt055
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Yeah I don't dislike her, I know she's a good performer so it just didn't seem to be up to what she's normally capable of. And yeah the sound sounded mixed very poorly on lots of artists which wasn't helping...I wonder if it sounded like that there.
cwtae
Axe
Axe

Post by cwtae »

kinetic wrote:In the flesh (musical only)
Money
Us & Them
Brain Damage
Eclipse
Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)

Anyone else think that his guitarist looks like professor Severus Snape from Harry Potter? :lol:
Did anyone else notice the missing 2nd half of the Money guitar solo, and omission of the most important verse of Us and Them - the second verse?

CNBC showed it all but In The Flesh, Bravo showed most of it, NBC showed Brain Damage/Eclipse. Wonder what many people who who've heard OF it and have been now treated to almost all of the 2nd half of DSOTM think of it and it's true meaning? Greed, war/violence, insanity, and bad school systems all brought together in a short but concise set.

Or may be I'm just too high.
cwtae
Axe
Axe

Post by cwtae »

Old Pink wrote:And no shouting and screeming! Silence in the stadium!
Roger's getting older and trying to get into heaven now, so he's better with the crowds. To me it's evident in last year's and this year's tours.
cwtae
Axe
Axe

Post by cwtae »

moom wrote:You mean, for David, right :) ?
I try not to take sides here, but I think Gilmour missed the boat. He should've played, at least in London. He writes about all the stuff the event was about. A Pocketful of Stones, On An Island, maybe Sorrow, High Hopes, and Keep Talking would've been a fine set indeed.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

cwtae wrote:
moom wrote:You mean, for David, right :) ?
I try not to take sides here, but I think Gilmour missed the boat. He should've played, at least in London. He writes about all the stuff the event was about. A Pocketful of Stones, On An Island, maybe Sorrow, High Hopes, and Keep Talking would've been a fine set indeed.
Why did he refuse (I know he and the rest of the Floyds were invited) :shock: ?

Sucks... i didn't get to see Roger!!!!!

And I don't like the scepticism about the event. Sceptics, what do they believe in! And if they don't like something, why don't they go make something better, instead of just talking!
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

Fair enough Moom; I withdraw my skepticism.

I did catch the second half of Roger's set, so Live Earth must have had delayed coverage in New Zealand at least. I notice he has cut his hair since the Auckland gig.

Managed to catch The Police too and they were brilliant. Lots of jams and different variations of old material. No matter they are getting on a bit; they can still really play!
CDWheeler
Axe
Axe

Post by CDWheeler »

It looks as if they are about to repeat Roger's appearance now on MSN Live Earth online if anybody missed it before.