live earth and roger

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
kinetic
Embryo
Embryo

Re: live earth and roger

Post by kinetic »

well Much Music (in Canada) showed the whole Roger Waters set without interruption.
Sonny
Axe
Axe

Post by Sonny »

His whole set was posted on youtube already. He did a fantastic job.
lovescene4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by lovescene4 »

pfco wrote:As I said, certain things can sometimes be so glaringly questionable that it's almost blinding...to those who care to look close enough
Questionable, yes... I'm in favor of questions and healthy skepticism, but not of cynicism and "throwing out the baby with the bathwater", so to speak. Of course: Gore's a politician (why would anyone trust him? :lol: ). Celebrities attract attention; they are often the means to an end. Environmental finger-pointing is completely relative: compared with people living co-operatively "off the grid" in Oregon, Northern California, the southwest, and elsewhere, most of us are gross consumers and polluters.
pfco

Post by pfco »

lovescene4 wrote: most of us are gross consumers and polluters.
Exactly the point..and it will take more than a concert to fix it. There is also no other way to be but cynical about the people on that stage either...they are as guilty, if not more so, than the rest of us, yet presume we're stupid enough to ignore the hypocrisy involved for the sake of the "cause". Was the cause worth bringing the world's attention to? Yes, for those who have been living under a rock for years not realizing what the rest of us have known for years about the health of the environment. But were the performers and the politics noble for hosting a concert about it? No, not in this case. All in my humble opinion, of course.

Sandy
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

the instrumental ITF was quite fun, but the real surprise was Money in my opinion! It was sung by Mr. Waters himself for the first time since 1987 i think. And it sounded great, so i wonder why he doesn´t sing it on his current tours and let´s the guitar player sing..?
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Seeing Roger swaying back and forth with the school children is funny and cool :) He seems so much happier these days....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lfKTkG2Sjs
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

Rog rocked the house and made it impossible for The Police to overshadow his performance....he was brilliant 8)
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

great roger:he put on a pretty mini show.
(anyone loved the foo fighter's performance here?)
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

UniveralHD in the states did a great job with the coverage. We got the entire sets for all of the major performers. Highlights for me were Foo Fighters, John Mayer and RW.

Did anyone catch Mayer playing Gravity? He finishes the first verse and calls a change to the song to his band to jump to the bridge and skip the rest of the verses. Then proceeds with a brilliant solo.

I liked Water's set, but it felt a bit rushed to me. I would have rather had a few less songs and complete versions of the one's he performed. I thought the song transitions on Dark Side sounded pretty forced. My wife, who's not the biggest PF fan remarked twice that it didn't sound right to her when they transitioned to Us and Them and Brain Damage.

I would have preferred a complete Dark Side second side with a brief Any Colour to get the transitions right.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

cRaB wrote:great roger:he put on a pretty mini show.
Yes, I thought that they were fantastic. And they actually played a full band version of Everlong! That was great. It made me want to see them live again. Grohl's voice sounded better than ever.
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

fatoldbob wrote:I liked Water's set, but it felt a bit rushed to me. I would have rather had a few less songs and complete versions of the one's he performed.
He needed Kayne West to add a few "yeah", "yeah's" to his set...
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

PublicImage wrote:That is one of the worst festival line-ups I have ever seen. I will definitely not be watching this.
I guess you changed your mind Roger! :lol: :lol:
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I only watched the Foo Fighters and Duran Duran! Nerrrr.

No, I actually decided to watch it because Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, David Tennant and John Barrowman were all going to be interview.
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

PublicImage wrote:
cRaB wrote:great roger:he put on a pretty mini show.
Yes, I thought that they were fantastic. And they actually played a full band version of Everlong! That was great. It made me want to see them live again. Grohl's voice sounded better than ever.
Grohl looks like a caveman and that's great.
The band was pure energy.
Never saw them live and never was a particular fan of them, but I changed my mind.
Great angry and passionate rock band.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Didn't see Waters or The Police ... I'll get them off a torrent site sometime when I can be arsed. Thought Foo Fighters were very good .... easily the best performance of the day - by anyone.