Roger @ the Rogers Center for the Last Show

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Roger @ the Rogers Center for the Last Show

Post by corie »

Did he end the tour here because of the name you think ? He was in Toronto last year and played the air Canada center BTW a much better venue . Rogers center is a bigger stadium with horrible sound compared to the ACC .
I thought He disliked Such Large Venues ?? Just a dumb observation.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Roger @ the Rogers Center for the Last Show

Post by PublicImage »

He has been playing massive venues for the entire tour. I wouldn't have expected the last show to be any different, really.
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

PublicImage wrote:He has been playing massive venues for the entire tour. I wouldn't have expected the last show to be any different, really.
when he was here last time in was a smaller venue it sold out and had way superior sound. Saturday night is his Final show and there are still available tickets and the venue is crap compared to the other.
I thought it was just funny that the names matched up, His Finale show of the LONG tour at the Rogers center you know ! He is getting up there in Years to maybee its the last show he does you just never know.
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

He's carrying his own sound system. So the show sounded great even in the Cologne Arena which is famous for its bad sound.
Nice coincidence Roger Waters playing at "Rogers center".
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I think he will join me in a little fishing up at my cottage :lol:
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

r u going to use live bait ?
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

back from the show it was fabulous... The new Laser prism is quite a cool effect. Roger says bye to everyone and thanks for the past 15 months. He was also happy to end in toronto because we have the best fans ( acoording to hm ) Well , now we all gotta wait for the next dave / roger thing to see the boys live , it has been a good year. :D
amanda_t_
Axe
Axe

Post by amanda_t_ »

It was a fantastic show. I was told that it was really really good and i'm glad i didn't miss it. I was really impressed with how the songs sounded. Roger and his band put on a great show.
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

Great to hear he ended up the tour on such a positive note.

Although it may or may not be his last ever full show (he is getting on a bit), he has got at least one more appearance to make, that being the VH1 thing later in the year; what was it in aid of again?
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

corie wrote:He was also happy to end in toronto because we have the best fans ( acoording to him )
Well I wasn't there! :smt019 :lol:
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

i coverd for you !
narcissus
Axe
Axe

Post by narcissus »

Pat Albertson wrote:Great to hear he ended up the tour on such a positive note.

Although it may or may not be his last ever full show (he is getting on a bit), he has got at least one more appearance to make, that being the VH1 thing later in the year; what was it in aid of again?
Supporting music education in schools, I believe.
And from what I hear, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of another tour... :)
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

we can only dream - Live is the best way to enjoy the music so lets hope it is not the last time .... :D
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

corie wrote:i coverd for you !
Thanks, mate! :D
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

I'd imagine around now the members of the band are starting to feel very uncomfortable because they've been playing the same setlist almost daily for over a year. At a certain time of day, Jon Carin will begin subconciously moving his hands to the keyboard part of In The Flesh. Fourty minutes later, he will stop and have the urge to sit around for twenty minutes taking a break. Then he'll suddenly start sliding his hands for the guitar part of Breathe. Unfortunately he'll be driving at the time and hit something.

Meanwhile, at the exact same time, David Kilminster will begin typing gibberish on his keyboard as he attempts to order some normal clothes over the internet due to his sudden assumption that there should be a fretboard under his hands. For the millionth time, he will fail to obtain a decent set of clothes.

On the other side of the planet, P.P. Arnold will begin doing an uncomfortable dance and going "aaah". When a friend inquires as to what she's doing, she replies: "sorry, it must've been instinctive."

Roger, while attempting to rake his lawn, will suddenly make his eyes bug out and wave the rake handle up in the air while attempting to pluck the rake prongs. This will prove very unfortunate for David Gilmour, who was standing in front him about to inquire about a reunion and instead got a rake to the face.