The irony of Roger

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
svor
Axe
Axe

Re: The irony of Roger

Post by svor »

Nice piece of text kingfisher_flashing 8)
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

kingfisher_flashing wrote:Yey Oz! That is so true. Roger is so portrayed as a two headed monster or a mass murderer or some meglamaniacal leader that oppressed the masses. He is a very talented musician with a drive and attitude that obviously did not please some. He is no different to millions of other people that have had the drive to do things their way or no way at all, and look where it got Floyd - they are all living pretty bloody good lives now. I read in Inside Out, by Nick Mason that Rick was paid a salary when he was working on the Wall live performances, which for him turned out ok, because the money that was injected into the concerts and the movie was used from the profits and subsequently the other Floyd members didn't come out of it handsomely. Rick Wright didn't need to worry about that, he was getting paid a wage and therefore wasn't losing money as a a result.

All the Floyd members had personalities that in the end each other felt difficult to deal with. That just simply comes with the trappings of money and fame. Roger Waters simply had a stonger personality than the others and wanted things done and done properly. When your reputation as a band is at stake depending on the quality of the finished product, people need to act in ways that others may see as irrational and bullying to get these things done. That's life.

Feel free to throw abuse now guys, I'm used to it. 8)

You may be wondering what the relevance of Rick Wrights situation is, but to me that is part of the irony of Roger. You put a band member on a wage, they end up making more money from the whole affair. That's the irony I guess.
i agree - i have always found it ironic that Rick made more money during the wall period than the other band members as a non member of the band. Nicks book isn't a bad read either. 8)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

KingfisherFlashing has learned how to "mossify" without using numbers.

Perhaps they are the Kwizats Haderach? :lol: :lol:
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

Please do tell me the whole deal of the mossification. Even though I have been around for a little I am curious about this. Not too sure what the other thing you said was either. I can be a little thick at times. :lol:
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

kingfisher_flashing wrote:Please do tell me the whole deal of the mossification. Even though I have been around for a little I am curious about this. Not too sure what the other thing you said was either. I can be a little thick at times. :lol:
i always thought mossification was to refute someones argument point by point but you are agreeing with me Gina.

and the other thing is a reference to Dune by Frank Herbert although im not sure how a genetic solution applies in regard to this topic. 8)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

kingfisher_flashing wrote:Please do tell me the whole deal of the mossification. Even though I have been around for a little I am curious about this. Not too sure what the other thing you said was either. I can be a little thick at times. :lol:
Typically, "mossification" is a system of responding to someone by numbering points in their post and then responding to those points with corresponding numbers.

However, I also like to apply the term to situations in which a very thorough, difficult to refute, "meaning of life" post is made.

Such as the one I referred to.

The Dune reference, while referring to a "genetic" solution is also a "messianic" reference.

I meant it as a compliment :D
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

mosespa wrote:
Typically, "mossification" is a system of responding to someone by numbering points in their post and then responding to those points with corresponding numbers.

However, I also like to apply the term to situations in which a very thorough, difficult to refute, "meaning of life" post is made.

Such as the one I referred to.

The Dune reference, while referring to a "genetic" solution is also a "messianic" reference.

I meant it as a compliment :D
i would have been surprised if you meant it otherwise 8)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

oz1701 wrote:

i agree - i have always found it ironic that Rick made more money during the wall period than the other band members as a non member of the band.
Because they were involved into some bank operations, which lead them to this, and he wasn't - outsmarted 'em :lol:
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

moom wrote:
oz1701 wrote:

i agree - i have always found it ironic that Rick made more money during the wall period than the other band members as a non member of the band.
Because they were involved into some bank operations, which lead them to this, and he wasn't - outsmarted 'em :lol:

YAY RICK! :smt045
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Rick was a paid to go on tour with the band as session musician, that's why he made money. The rest of the band members did not because The Wall tour was a financial flop.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

Syd'sSexy wrote:Rick was a paid to go on tour with the band as session musician, that's why he made money. The rest of the band members did not because The Wall tour was a financial flop.
i know - i have read Nick's Book.
i'm sure moom knows too

you should know our wacky sense of humour by now SS :lol:

always a pleasure to have you join in though. :D
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Ha! :lol:

It's still relatively early in the morning here, and I obviously have not had enough caffeine! :lol:

What in the world is that in your avatar, Oz? Some kind of bird?
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

it was an illustration of a cold or flu bug - i cant remember which as i have a cold or the flu at the moment. :lol:

no really i have. :(
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

oz1701 wrote:
Syd'sSexy wrote:Rick was a paid to go on tour with the band as session musician, that's why he made money. The rest of the band members did not because The Wall tour was a financial flop.
i know - i have read Nick's Book.
i'm sure moom knows too

you should know our wacky sense of humour by now SS :lol:

always a pleasure to have you join in though. :D
Well, oops... :lol:

The Master OF Confusion, ey Oz and SS ;) ? Wanna learn? Watch Sailor Moon 8)
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

i prefer bubblegum crisis and full metal panic 8)