Roger Waters eating habits and the special Indian cuisines

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Roger Waters eating habits and the special Indian cuisines

Post by AsydWaters »

Just wonderin about ROg's eating habits after reading this article.
A pink treat for Roger Waters By - Sandhya Menon
The Mumbai hotel which will put up the ex-Pink Floyd frontman has something special lined up for him.
Chef Jitendra Kumar is a huge Pink Floyd fan. And so the Taj Lands End executive chef is going into raptures at the thought of the legendary musician being a guest at his hotel for three days.
"On the three nights Roger Waters is staying with us I am going to have three different themes," says Chef Jitendra. And each theme is going to be based on Pink Floyd's popular numbers.
The first night sees the room based on the band's name itself - everything's going to be pink. "I am getting pink chocolates in the shape of CDs done; I've imported all kinds of berries that are pink or close so they can be used in the fruit sushi that I am making; also to drop in a little cocktail that I am whipping up," says a very excited Chef. Want more? He's dehydrating rose petals, getting organic chocolates (Callebaut) and laying out little chocolate Florentines.
Night two sees reverberations of 'Momentary Lapse of Reason'. "I interpret this song as something to do with a little alcohol," says Jitendra, "I am going to lay out Felchlin and Belcolade; and I am going to get some bitter chocolate stuffed with some Jack Daniels." He has also got a specially made Cognac miniature that he's going to rest on a pillow.
And the last night, the night of Waters's performance will carry the chef's favourite song - 'Flickering Flame'. "I am not going to let him go without a taste of India. So the room's going to be full of diyas and I am going to give him a little sandesh, modak, anjeer ka halwa, flambed blueberry kheer. And I've flown down a chef from Jodhpur to make us some black sesame katli!" says Jitendra who just cannot wait to present the musician with all this.
Now what else does Roger prefer???
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Roger Waters eating habits and the special Indian cuisines

Post by Cowards »

If I was that guy I'd put a thousand beds in his hotel room. The potential for a lolassault is immense.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Apparently the chef is completely oblivious to the fact that Roger Waters had NOTHING to do with A Momentary Lapse Of Reason.

Should someone tell him, perhaps?
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I hope the staff won't be wearing those bootleg t-shirts that were being sold outside Roger's shows with the Pulse cover art on them. :lol:
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

mosespa wrote:Apparently the chef is completely oblivious to the fact that Roger Waters had NOTHING to do with A Momentary Lapse Of Reason.

Should someone tell him, perhaps?
Plus it's not the name of a song either :) If the annoyingly all-pink room on the first night doesn't get him fired, the AMLOR theme will...wow.
oh by the way
Axe
Axe

Post by oh by the way »

AMLOR theme lol lol

Does anyone know if Roger is a vegatarian? I know Harry Waters is because my friend had the Ozric Tentacles over at his house to hang and have dinner and Harry told him he does not eat meat.
I have always wondered because the lyrics on Pink Floyd The Wall when printed at the bottom of the screen say "give up meat" instead of "skewer meat" that is sung.
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

why didn't he knew of the divison bell, what could he do?
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

oh by the way wrote:Does anyone know if Roger is a vegatarian?
I doubt it
he characterizes himself as a "dog" when asked where he falls in the Animals scheme-of-things, he can pick out the easy meat with his eyes closed etc etc
and remember he's pro-fox hunting
would somebody choose not to eat animals for ethical reasons yet still kill them for sport?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

oh by the way wrote: I have always wondered because the lyrics on Pink Floyd The Wall when printed at the bottom of the screen say "give up meat" instead of "skewer meat" that is sung.
????

Are you referring to the Schoolmaster's shout of "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"

Because if you're not, then I'm confused.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

mosespa wrote:
oh by the way wrote:I have always wondered because the lyrics on Pink Floyd The Wall when printed at the bottom of the screen say "give up meat" instead of "skewer meat" that is sung.
Are you referring to the Schoolmaster's shout of "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"
No, oh by the way is referring to a line from 'What Shall We Do Now?' that goes: "Give up meat/Rarely sleep/etc, etc..."

The line does say "give up meat", where did you hear "skewer meat"?
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

oh by the way wrote: Does anyone know if Roger is a vegatarian? I know Harry Waters is because my friend had the Ozric Tentacles over at his house to hang and have dinner and Harry told him he does not eat meat.
I´m not sure about Roger, but in Ian Ritchies tour blog he mentions several times that they had steak for dinner.
"Tuesday 5th June 2007 : Quebec : A rather drizzly day in Quebec. I checked out the old town, which is very quaint and spent the afternoon practising Barry Harris exercises with Harry round the hotel piano. In the evening Roger invited us out for steak et frites and a nice local restaurant."
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

He's not a vegetarian.
(he has far too much energy :p)

As for the indian chef... LMAO :D what a moron.
oh by the way
Axe
Axe

Post by oh by the way »

Hudini wrote:
mosespa wrote: Are you referring to the Schoolmaster's shout of "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"
No, oh by the way is referring to a line from 'What Shall We Do Now?' that goes: "Give up meat/Rarely sleep/etc, etc..."

The line does say "give up meat", where did you hear "skewer meat"?
I think my friend and I need to get our hearing checked, as we played the movie and soundtrack CD about 30 times and we could not hear "give up meat". I know the lyrics are printed that way and live I can hear the "give up". I am sorry for posting bad info and I was wondering if anyone can actually hear the line as "give up meat". It still sounds like "skewer meat" to me.

Note to Self - make hearing doctor appointment :lol:
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

It sounded like "Give up meat" to me too :) But if I try to think of it as saying "skewer" THEN it does...the "s" from the end of the word "shrinks" seems to carry over.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Right... I used to hear "Give up meat" before I actually read the lyrics, I never tried to listen to it in a different way. Maybe it would have made sense to me if I first heard it differently.