What happened to the Piper Forum? (n/t)

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Cali
Axe
Axe

What happened to the Piper Forum? (n/t)

Post by Cali »

Well?
henno

Re: What happened to the Piper Forum? (n/t)

Post by henno »

you talking about the astral pipers????

that died a death as (alledgely),,, Dion was accused of being a Syd stalker and being responsible for the Syd stalking video...

the members continued in another fourm here...

http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/index ... =latenight

this thread might shed some more light...

http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... 24&t=17578
Cali
Axe
Axe

Post by Cali »

Wow!! I had no idea, it's horrible if it's true.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

It crashed and burned.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

my breakfast. wrote:It crashed and burned.
And most of the survivors have been appearing here...Otherwise there would have been no posts in the Syd Barrett forum at all.
Metal Mickey

Post by Metal Mickey »

PublicImage wrote:
my breakfast. wrote:It crashed and burned.
And most of the survivors have been appearing here...Otherwise there would have been no posts in the Syd Barrett forum at all.
Actually, I'd rather not appear here b/c of people like you! I only stop in on occasion to see what assinine things you've written lately (such as this one). Really, my posts stem from the fact of how baffled I am that you clearly have no interest in the man so why do you keep posting in this section?
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by GilmourGirl »

Hey! I was here while AP was still active! I know this site is more post-Barrett-Floyd neways. Dion got married therefore had no time and maybe no interest in bringing the AP site back up. But it was a very nice site with some cool "obsessed" Barret fanatics on there!!! And Dion was one of the best site admin guys around.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Metal Mickey wrote:Actually, I'd rather not appear here b/c of people like you! I only stop in on occasion to see what assinine things you've written lately (such as this one). Really, my posts stem from the fact of how baffled I am that you clearly have no interest in the man so why do you keep posting in this section?
Hi Metal Man. Would you like me to do the world a favour and delete your forum account for you? :D
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

***edit****
Last edited by kingfisher_flashing on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Well, everyone is welcome here and I encourage people to be civil with one another instead of dishing out abuse and negativity! Do invite all your friends over to here to continue where they left off! 8)
henno

Post by henno »

Metal Mickey wrote:
PublicImage wrote: And most of the survivors have been appearing here...Otherwise there would have been no posts in the Syd Barrett forum at all.
Actually, I'd rather not appear here b/c of people like you! I only stop in on occasion to see what assinine things you've written lately (such as this one). Really, my posts stem from the fact of how baffled I am that you clearly have no interest in the man so why do you keep posting in this section?
It has been clear for along time that PublicImage isnt a Syd barrett fan......

the best thing to do is simply not engage with him.....
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

I wouldn't say that, although Roger is perfectly capable of speaking for himself! :lol: He has repeatedly said that Piper at the Gates of Dawn is one of his top 10 favourite albums. It's Alan that has made the most scathing anti-Syd Barrett-related comments, not only about the musician himself but about the "obsessed loser fanatics" that dare to express their appreciation for his music on a forum.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

........just dont take some stuff here too seriously.
If you see that someone just isnt letting it all go, feck it.
All i need now in my life is to get angry infront of my computer screen.
That goes for you too moom. For the 100th time. Chill out man...
Alan and Roger are basically great lads, but they sometimes can be very persistant in their principles. Thats actually a great quality in life, but i understand that that can sometimes be very annoying...

Anyway, welcome Metal Mickey. :D Nice to have another lady in here.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Syd'sSexy wrote:It's Alan that has made the most scathing anti-Syd Barrett-related comments...
Thats me btw...
Syd'sSexy wrote:...but about the "obsessed loser fanatics" that dare to express their appreciation for his music on a forum.
For fear of repeating myself again, the fans I don't have a problem with, they can be as obsessive as they like, but when they evolved out of their mother's basements and comic book stores and started snooping on the guy in a most distasteful manner, that was when I personally thought a line had been crossed... especially when many so called Barrett fans (the "yeah I felt a connection with Syd" brigade) thought Barrett would 1) not mind this perversion and 2) actually give candid interviews for anybody who knocked on his door.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

my breakfast. wrote:For fear of repeating myself again, the fans I don't have a problem with, they can be as obsessive as they like, but when they evolved out of their mother's basements and comic book stores and started snooping on the guy in a most distasteful manner, that was when I personally thought a line had been crossed... especially when many so called Barrett fans (the "yeah I felt a connection with Syd" brigade) thought Barrett would 1) not mind this perversion and 2) actually give candid interviews for anybody who knocked on his door.
I thought everyone knew your name was Alan! I guess perhaps not, so I apologise!

I agree with every statement you have made 100%. I would classify myself as an avid fan, not an obsessed fan. I didn't condone, have never condoned, nor ever would condone any invasion on Syd's privacy. Had he responded to a written correspondence asking for an interview, that's one thing. It would have signaled a desire to be in the spotlight again or to discuss his life with a representative of the press. By all accounts, Syd ignored all such requests; therefore, doorstepping or taking secretive videos without his knowledge were purposeful intrusions on his privacy.