References in Hello (I love you) lyrics

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: References in Hello (I love you) lyrics

Post by Sonic Destruction »

Didn't Roger reference his past work on "The Wall" when he did "The Final Cut" (I think the title track refers to finding out what's behind the wall)?

I don't mind him referring to his old stuff; after all, it's conceptual continuity. I really like "Hello"; I just wish he would get around to releasing an album instead of drip-feeding us tracks water-torture fashion.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Pat Albertson wrote:Didn't Roger reference his past work on "The Wall" when he did "The Final Cut" (I think the title track refers to finding out what's behind the wall)?

I don't mind him referring to his old stuff; after all, it's conceptual continuity. I really like "Hello"; I just wish he would get around to releasing an album instead of drip-feeding us tracks water-torture fashion.
The Final Cut is like The Wall's bro :)

Yes, I love it, too, it sounds like Granchester Meadows or something from More :)
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Alice Cooper and Ozzy to bane a couple always reference themselves, there is nothing wrong with than imo.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Alternative 4 wrote:Alice Cooper and Ozzy to bane a couple always reference themselves, there is nothing wrong with than imo.
"I'm not the Antichrist or the Iron Man" (Ozzy, "Gets me through" from "Down to Earth" ) :D
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Perhaps he was using the line Dark Side of the Moon metaphorically? And as for the "Is there anybody in there?" That line is rather common in pink floyd, and it certainly works well in context. It seems that, at least with the dark side bit, he was putting his earlier work out there to the un-enlightened multitudes of non-PF fans, though he could have been more characteristically subtle and poetic about it.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

"We all have our dark side to say the least/But dealing in death is the nature of the beast" :lol:
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

nosaj wrote:"We all have our dark side to say the least/But dealing in death is the nature of the beast" :lol:
I always cringe when I hear that line! It is so appallingly bad ... :shock: